Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 716 of 823 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Uhh... I don’t follow. How’d that happen with a manual?

I often kill the engine on my manual mx5 before it’s 100% stationary.

I have two AT e46s.
    I’m assuming it was in gear and lurched forward when it stalled? Idk I park in neutral as long as it’s flat.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Uhh... I don’t follow. How’d that happen with a manual?

I often kill the engine on my manual mx5 before it’s 100% stationary.

I have two AT e46s.
    In an auto, you can park, let off all the pedals, hang out and turn off the engine at any time

In a manual, if you’re trying to turn it off in gear, you have to wait for the engine to turn off entirely. At target, I I clutched out at the same time I turned off the car. The car had some revs as it died and with me clutching out, it went forward

In my garage, I clutched in to turn on the car. In an auto, you hit the brake to start (or I do anyway out of habit for keyless) and then you can let off. In a manual, if you clutch in to start, you have to move to neutral before letting out the clutch. I just went into automatic mode. I had my car parked in first and forgot, so when I clutched out to pick my music on my phone before I head out, I basically clutch kicked idle in first while in my garage.

I’m sure these feel obvious but as someone who’s been grown into a family of automagics, these are habits I have to drop. I’m the first in my bloodline to care at all about driving. A lot of these issues I talk about with my mom and she even says “oh, I totally forgot it was like that!” She’s itching for me to break the clutch in as she lightly regrets getting her 4 series in an automatic. She’s had it for 4 months or so and now that she’s in a “drivers car,” she’s itching for a third pedal.

The vast majority of people I see, even the employees at my BMW-only Indy, never use the parking brake on my auto e46s.
    Doesn’t mean you should follow their lead. Would you rather have your brakes hold the weight of the car, or your transmission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Doesn’t mean you should follow their lead. Would you rather have your brakes hold the weight of the car, or your transmission?

There is something about seeing people park in a parking lot and having their cars lurch back and forth after putting in park and not using the parking brake properly that makes my skin crawl!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    There is something about seeing people park in a parking lot and having their cars lurch back and forth after putting in park and not using the parking brake properly that makes my skin crawl!
    Haha seriously!

Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

No, but my point is literally nobody does things the “right” way with cars. Not even the mechanics.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

No, but my point is literally nobody does things the “right” way with cars. Not even the mechanics.
    Yeah, it’s a shame. My girlfriend drives me up the wall the way she leaves her a/c running constantly.

Yeah, it’s a shame. My girlfriend drives me up the wall the way she leaves her a/c running constantly.

That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m taking about.

Always running the AC is weird to some people like us. To the other 99.9%, it’s normal.

And car engineers know this and design the cars to work that way.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

hahaha. I'm one of those that run the AC consistently. Even when I have the heater going, my AC is on. I'll gladly eat the 1 mpg penalty for the the dehumidifying effects of AC.

Having lived in SE Asia when I was young, I think I have PTSD about humidity. Hot and dry, like Vegas or Phoenix, no problem. Warm and humid, no thanks. Hot and humid, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    hahaha. I'm one of those that run the AC consistently. Even when I have the heater going, my AC is on. I'll gladly eat the 1 mpg penalty for the the dehumidifying effects of AC.

Having lived in SE Asia when I was young, I think I have PTSD about humidity. Hot and dry, like Vegas or Phoenix, no problem. Warm and humid, no thanks. Hot and humid, hell no.
    I also run the AC all the time. If I have the heater going without it, then the windows get all fogged up, especially if you have more people in the car.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Page 716 of 823 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast