Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 696 of 823 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 8230
    I just reached out to 3 local stores and non of them had any that would fit. They were being super evasive on the phone too, they are apparently going to stop carrying them and kept trying to push a Champion battery on me which I guess is their in house brand.

I just know these cars are high maintenance and I'm going to be having a local shop reflash everything since I was having issues with the car before I parked it and dont want that to cause issues. I guess worst case I'll just get one from BMW but I know they will bend me over.

... sorry so the H7 is the equivalent size for the Champion battery, from what I read they need the AGM battery type aswell. I appreciate the quick response, my 2003 VW TDi Wagon lost a timing belt on the highway last so its pretty much dead, so wanting to get the ZHP back on the road again. So below is the battery that I need to get correct?

https://www.pepboys.com/champion-agm...662?quantity=1

Quote Originally Posted by Xceler8 View Post
    ... sorry so the H7 is the equivalent size for the Champion battery, from what I read they need the AGM battery type aswell. I appreciate the quick response, my 2003 VW TDi Wagon lost a timing belt on the highway last so its pretty much dead, so wanting to get the ZHP back on the road again. So below is the battery that I need to get correct?

https://www.pepboys.com/champion-agm...662?quantity=1
    Honestly, I have one of these: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...000%7CL3*15597

Thing's a monster, but it's made in Germany, has a pretty damn good warranty, and fits with factory mounts. You should also be able to find a coupon to save you some cash.

Make sure to save the venting tee from your current battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplian View Post
    900 CCA
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    900 CCA
    Yep! I LOVE it. Back when I used to daily E46s in winter, it laughed at starting in -15f or -20f.

My OE AGM from BMW lasted 13 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just know these cars are high maintenance and I'm going to be having a local shop reflash everything since I was having issues with the car before I parked it and dont want that to cause issues. I guess worst case I'll just get one from BMW but I know they will bend me over.
    You don't need the AGM battery, but the Pep Boys offer is decent at $50 off. Wet cell is fine - also $50 off. Buying from the dealer is insanity. Advance Auto, Autozone, Walmart or Costco should also carry what you need.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    You don't need the AGM battery, but the Pep Boys offer is decent at $50 off. Wet cell is fine - also $50 off. Buying from the dealer is insanity. Advance Auto, Autozone, Walmart or Costco should also carry what you need.
    I would definitely recommend an AGM battery. They don't need to be vented, which is a big benefit, and they last longer and perform better until they give out.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks guys for the input, I would have overthought the situation. Glad these aren't as high maintenance as I would have originally thought on the battery front.

While I have you guys engaged here, I know there are a few issues that I'm going to want to address immediately since they were at the point of needing work when I parked the car for the power steering pump failing.

- What is the best resource to source OEM or better quality coil packs without getting bent over
    - Same as the above for spark plugs, and are their specific specifications for the ZHP models, or other considerations here (mods below)
    - How often do the fuel pumps fail, and will a good shop be able to test fuel pressures. Car was falling on its face after about 3500 RPM and more than 60% throttle where when it was running right would pull harder all the way to redline.

Relevant Mods:
    - Dinan Intake
    - Dinan Catback
    - Shrik Cams (not sure on spec)
    - Shark injector tune

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

- What is the best resource to source OEM or better quality coil packs without getting bent over
    - Same as the above for spark plugs, and are their specific specifications for the ZHP models, or other considerations here (mods below)
    - How often do the fuel pumps fail, and will a good shop be able to test fuel pressures. Car was falling on its face after about 3500 RPM and more than 60% throttle where when it was running right would pull harder all the way to redline.
    If you plan on keeping your car for a long time, get your parts at fcpeuro. If not, just search for cheapest deal. Bosch coilpacks and NGK spark plugs.
    Fuel pumps, properly maintained, can last a while before giving soft failure symptoms like poor fuel pressure and long crank starts. With fuel pump, it depends on how long the car is on, not necessary how many miles.
    I would just rent a fuel pressure test kit at autozone and read fuel pressures over the course of a few hours. See if they gradually drop or stay static.
    Good practice would be to let it prime in key position 2 before starting the engine, and not letting tank run to E, to get the most life out of your pump.

Not really sure about the mods.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    If you plan on keeping your car for a long time, get your parts at fcpeuro. If not, just search for cheapest deal. Bosch coilpacks and NGK spark plugs.
    Agreed, but not sure about the choice of Bosch coils. Here's the forum conversation re: coils - see the last few pages:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?15721
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 696 of 823 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast