Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 597 of 823 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Interesting... I'll give this a try. I didn't hear it rubbing on the console, so I didn't think it was friction-related. It just goes all the way down and just stops, like any normal seat would.

I'm hoping it's something simple like that. Seats aren't cheap.
    Hey BP did you ever figure this out? My recently swapped seats are also bottoming out long before I can fit a helmet.

Edit: nvm I found your thread where you learned about the front switch. Mine is slammed on all accounts and I have no chance of fitting in there with a helmet. Crudzilla.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...w-as-old-seats
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 07-19-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Hey BP did you ever figure this out? My recently swapped seats are also bottoming out long before I can fit a helmet.

Edit: nvm I found your thread where you learned about the front switch. Mine is slammed on all accounts and I have no chance of fitting in there with a helmet. Crudzilla.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...w-as-old-seats

Unfortunately, there is no acceptable solution for me.
    I had my event this past weekend and my helmet sure enough was hitting the roof.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I had my event this past weekend and my helmet sure enough was hitting the roof.
    I'm looking into swapping over a manual seat base. Everything I'm seeing says that'll let you get about .75"+ lower than the power base, and save a good bit of weight at that.

Next option is sunroof delete...

I'm looking into swapping over a manual seat base. Everything I'm seeing says that'll let you get about .75"+ lower than the power base, and save a good bit of weight at that.

Next option is sunroof delete...
    This is exactly why I have manual M3 seats in my blue car

Hey I just read through a thread where a guy with a Z3 pulled the seats to check the linkage for lowering options and found some change lodged in one of the sliders that, once removed, gave him another .75" of travel. Something to check for both of us since we are sitting higher in our new powered seats compared to the original powered seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    This is exactly why I have manual M3 seats in my blue car
    I'm really hoping I can make the manual base work. The lowering and weight savings aside, I just like the manual adjustments better.

Hey I just read through a thread where a guy with a Z3 pulled the seats to check the linkage for lowering options and found some change lodged in one of the sliders that, once removed, gave him another .75" of travel. Something to check for both of us since we are sitting higher in our new powered seats compared to the original powered seats.
    What slider is this? The one on the bottom?
    If so, there is no change in there. Or is this a slider you can only see when you start to disassemble the seat? Not sure what location you're referring to, but I'm anxious to find out!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

What slider is this? The one on the bottom?
    If so, there is no change in there. Or is this a slider you can only see when you start to disassemble the seat? Not sure what location you're referring to, but I'm anxious to find out!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hah I'm not sure what I'm referring to either as the Z3 didn't look to be the same motor system as the e46, but it's just something to check, especially since the supposed same seat doesn't go down as far as the original. I'm travelling for the next few weeks but will tear into my extra set of seats when I get back and see about making modifications or swapping to a manual base.

Y’all have me, for the first time in my life, feeling kinda okay about being short lol.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

My client bought a salvage title 330 ZHP and after using it to learn stick and after acquiring a 330 of my own, I am suspicious that is indeed a ZHP motor. My 330 seems faster on the day to day, and I'm pretty sure the auto should be robbing lots of power. I crawled under and to the side of the driver engine mount, I found this tag. Can anyone verify the motor from this? This is where it should be according to BMW.

Reads: "30386256" then next line "30 6S 3"

Edit: removed very large image once verified to be a 3.0 motor
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 07-22-2018 at 10:08 AM.

I verified that the motor is indeed a 3.0 motor, suggesting it is the ZHP motor. Where should I be looking as to why this motor is so sluggish? Aside from VANOS, which we've put on the list.

Page 597 of 823 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast