Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 503 of 823 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 8230
    The ZHP front bar is actually lighter than stock. I don't know why, but someone here once ascribed it to BMW wisdom.

I went with a M3 bar and felt an immediate and substantial improvement in handling in my ZHP. Never looked back.

I have a stock ZHP bar you can have if you want it.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    The ZHP front bar is actually lighter than stock. I don't know why, but someone here once ascribed it to BMW wisdom.

I went with a M3 bar and felt an immediate and substantial improvement in handling in my ZHP. Never looked back.

I have a stock ZHP bar you can have if you want it.
    I may have to consider that! I’ll be PM’ing you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a CarSoft or a peake SRS reset tool? After installing my E46 M3 seats, I managed to get the SRS light on my dash and PASoft won’t work to turn the light off

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Does anyone have a CarSoft or a peake SRS reset tool? After installing my E46 M3 seats, I managed to get the SRS light on my dash and PASoft won’t work to turn the light off

That might be indicative of another problem. I've reset plenty of SRS lights through PA Soft.

how much power can the 6-speed and rear end handle? Are there any upgrades for these parts? I'm assuming an M3 rear-end, but how about the tranny?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Vibrations: okay, so my steering wheel is shaking like crazy. The severity is intermittent, but when it’s bad, it’s REALLY bad. Tramlining seems a lot worse lately, but the tires look to have plenty of meat left. It‘s really only bad above ~60mph. It gets terrible under acceleration or going uphill, gets better as I coast on flat surfaces, but gets terrible again if I’m coasting/under load on a downhill surface.

I don’t think it’s anything on the back end, since it’s MUCH more noticeable in the steering wheel than in the seats. Because it’s worse under load, I’m not thinking it’s a balance problem, but I’m leaning towards driveshaft guibo and/or engine mounts? Thoughts? I have a steering guibo ready to go in as well.

Replaced items include shocks, springs, end links, front control arms (FCABs are fairly new), tie rods, tranny mounts, and it was aligned last week (but still pulling right?)
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Are you running a square setup? If so, move the front tires to the back and see what happens...
    One thing I've learned with these cars over the years is that they are really finicky when it comes to tires...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Are you running a square setup? If so, move the front tires to the back and see what happens...
    One thing I've learned with these cars over the years is that they are really finicky when it comes to tires...
    It’s staggered, but I switched front left and right tires before the drive back from Ohio and it still pulls right. I don’t think I have a dragging brake, since the dust accumulation is even on both sides, and I can’t hear anything. Bad wheel bearing, perhaps?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

You'd hear a bad wheel bearing before it affected handing that bad... I wouldn't rule out a frozen caliper but there are so many things that can cause a vibration/handing issues
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

if it's vibrating under acceleration, then it's either in the drivetrain (engine/trans mounts or driveshaft), or the rear suspension. rear suspension issues on these cars can indeed manifest themselves as vibrations in the steering wheel...

since you mention the tramlining is increasingly worse, i would look at suspension over drivetrain mounts. did you replace the rear outer control arm bushings yet? if not, definitely a good idea, and go with the upper unit in the lower location too.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 503 of 823 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast