Page 756 of 757 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757 LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 7562

Thread: The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Pretty sure the ZHP came with chrome grilles. Mine came with chrome grilles and that's what you usually see when somebody buys one. But black grilles are a popular mod.
    I agree that the black grilles are popular, I've done both my ZHP and my E92, but the twist here is that in the brochure the ZHP's had chrome outlines and black slats like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    I agree that the black grilles are popular, I've done both my ZHP and my E92, but the twist here is that in the brochure the ZHP's had chrome outlines and black slats like this:
    It also has a European style plate holder, so I'm not sure how much value I would place on that. Personally, I've only seen that chrome outside, black inside grille on a ZHP once and I believe they were either modified or replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    It also has a European style plate holder, so I'm not sure how much value I would place on that. Personally, I've only seen that chrome outside, black inside grille on a ZHP once and I believe they were either modified or replacements.
    it seems all the brochures have European plates..... but I kind of like that grille more than the total black out look
    Pete

it seems all the brochures have European plates..... but I kind of like that grille more than the total black out look
    But Europe never got the ZHP, so that doesn't really say anything. I guess that based on the responses, we can deduce:

330i base US: black slabs
    330i base EU: chrome slabs
    ZHP: chrome slabs
    MSport: shadowline

Not sure about the difference between sedan and coupe, if there is any.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I hear ya. I can't defend why they put European plates in the US brochure, but look at pages 8 and 9 in the attached brochure where they highlight our "Performance Package" which as we know was only offered here in the states. Go figure

They did put US plates in the Owner's Manual however
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete

I hear ya. I can't defend why they put European plates in the US brochure, but look at pages 8 and 9 in the attached brochure where they highlight our "Performance Package" which as we know was only offered here in the states. Go figure

They did put US plates in the Owner's Manual however
    Ah OK, so the first couple of pages are obviously Euro spec cars. That red ZHP pic looks like it just has a Euro plate photoshopped on (though it might just be the lighting that's weird). But yeah, almost all press photos are gonna be taken in Europe with Euro cars, so they just reuse those for brochures around the world. It wouldn't make sense to spend millions to take pictures of the car in every country it will be sold in.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Turning off the checks isn't going to solve the hyperflash you get if you don't install it.
    Unless the bulbs specify they are CANBUS bulbs, you'll need to use the resistor pack. In this case, the box states a CANBUS adapter is included; that means it's a resistor pack.
    Well, generally when they mention CANBUS, it's actually a microcontroller that talks to your car and tells your car it's load and stuff. You can have CANBUS bulbs and still have hyper-flashing. But most aftermarket CANBUS actually uses a capacitor. Sometimes it's a combination of both capacitor and load resistor. There are resistors that are part of the LED bulb already to account for the voltage drop as well. The main issue for the hyper-flash is actually because those bulbs aren't drawing enough current on their own. But most of the time, if you're buying anything that says high powered LED or something like that, it should have enough current on it's own.

Honestly, I would stick the bulbs in there without the packs and see if they work before going through the trouble of installing everything. It's not hard to swap the turn signal bulbs out.

The dealer wrote down this note on my last ZHP visit: "Rear brakes may need attention next visit. Rear brake pads at 5 mm".

The pads are OEM. How many miles do you think I still have available ? Most of my drive is in the city. No auto-X or track use.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    150,000 miles

Lots of different opinions on miles or mm.....

I say everyone's mileage will be different based on how they drive, but assuming a new pad is 10-12mm, and assuming you expect the same driving pattern to continue, how many miles have you driven on the pads to get to 5mm?

Then you can calculate approximate miles per mm, and use that number to calculate how many miles you could drive to get to 2 or 3mm...... or whatever thickness is your desired replacement point
    Pete

Good logic, Pete. PO replaced the pads around 60k miles ago. This means 12k miles is wearing out 1 mm of pad. Sounds like I still have plenty of miles to go.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    150,000 miles

Page 756 of 757 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757 LastLast