Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 658 of 823 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668708758 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Now would also be a good time to install an oil pan baffle if you track or autocross your car, as well as getting that oil pump nut addressed.
    Is there a better/different option than the pump nut with the wire through it? I need to start planning my OPG job too.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Is there a better/different option than the pump nut with the wire through it? I need to start planning my OPG job too.
    Well, you could just tack weld the nut itself, or replace the pump with one of the aftermarket solutions. Or, you could be like me and not worry about it, because the vast majority of the cars won't ever have the problem.

If I do drop the pan, I will probably do the safety wire option, in case it ever needs to be replaced.

I remember reading somewhere that the real fix is to replace the harmonic balancer with an aftermarket solution. I think it said the harmonics at a certain RPM cause the nut to back out. I also read that the ZHPs have a nut with Loctite on it, but not really sure how true any of this is.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The ZHP but DOES have a different P/N, and I think the standard E46 guys use it as an upgrade

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

The numerous oil pan gasket jobs I have done for people I ask them to order

Oil pan gasket - Genuine BMW
    Oil Pan dipstick o-ring - Genuine BMW
    Engine Mounts and trans mounts - upgrade to M3
    Steering Coupler
    Oil Level Sensor - most people never replace these
    Front Sway bar bushings

Not once have I encountered on the zhp cars the oil pump nut being loose or needing to be wired. This was on both low mileage cars and higher mileage examples.

You can do an oil pan baffle but that is more downtime and requires having it welded into the pan.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I think I remember seeing that the zhp's got red loctite on that nut, which means you probably won't be able to get it off with non-flame-shooting tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    The numerous oil pan gasket jobs I have done for people I ask them to order

Oil pan gasket - Genuine BMW
    Oil Pan dipstick o-ring - Genuine BMW
    Engine Mounts and trans mounts - upgrade to M3
    Steering Coupler
    Oil Level Sensor - most people never replace these
    Front Sway bar bushings

Not once have I encountered on the zhp cars the oil pump nut being loose or needing to be wired. This was on both low mileage cars and higher mileage examples.

You can do an oil pan baffle but that is more downtime and requires having it welded into the pan.
    Thanks for list Vas! I replaced the tranny mounts with m3 and have the engine mounts in storage from the past 2 years! Just haven’t had the space (read garage) to get it done but the leaky oil pan gasket is forcing my hand...

Re baffle: Excellent suggestion but I have no contacts here in MI unfortunately. So might have to skip that for now...

Appreciate all the inputs all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

What's a good product to remove glue from glass and plastic? i had been using a phone holder on my windshield but when leaving work today i arrived to my car to see it had fallen off and the glue had melted so i have a ring on my windshield (with about an inch of drip) and when it fell, the suction cup part (with the glue on it) landed by the cubby where the cigarette lighter is. I tried wiping it with a wet paper towel but did not do a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    What's a good product to remove glue from glass and plastic?
    Use a razor blade on the glass. Goof-off or Goo-gone might work on the plastic, but the soft-touch finish is quite delicate.
    Last edited by John in VA; 04-24-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I’ve used goo-gone on the windshield with good results.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Use a razor blade on the glass. Hoof-off or Goo-gone might work on the plastic, but the soft-touch finish is quite delicate.
    +1, a paint scraper should make quick work of it.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 658 of 823 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668708758 ... LastLast