Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 677 of 823 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Remind me, how does one empty the extractor? Is there an option to push it back out the tube? That would make refilling the oil containers with oil oil for return to FCP so much easier...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Not that I know of. I just unscrew the tube connection and dump it into another container.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Not that I know of. I just unscrew the tube connection and dump it into another container.
    That's fine. Thanks.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Saw a little exhaust talk earlier and hope I can quickly revive that. I have a magniflow muffler but it’s just too quiet and more importantly, I lost my rasp. Adding insult to injury, my exhaust tips have cracks and what seems like burns. So I. Removing the muffler and putting some new tips in.

I was wondering if anyone had a good exhaust tip recommendation or at least good vendors for my to browse. Thanks guys
    Reviving this, partly to ask a different question. I have a Vibrant 1148 muffler: the SS tip was finished black and the black coating quickly started failing. Vibrant was NO help. I'd like to either strip off the remaining black coating or cover the twin 3" tips with something else. Ideas?

Name:  IMG_4947.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  250.1 KB
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You're right about the people that have those concerns being the ones that have never used an extractor. I have one and it works great. No need to get under the car or even pull it in the garage. You want to change the oil while it's hot and thin, so you don't have to wait on the car to cool down either. Just drive home, pop the hood, shove it down the dipstick tube, pump a couple times to build the vacuum, then start changing the filter. By the time you're halfway through changing the filter, you'll hear the extractor sucking air - she's done! Add new oil and call it a day.

I can't find it anymore, but I got a manual 7.5L version (didn't even want the pneumatic option). Simple and just big enough for an e46 oil change. I love it.
    Awesome, I'll definitely being doing my own oil changes from now on, and with the FCP warranty that's one less cost to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I haven't been in good enough health to put it to use but I bought a well-reviewed unit inexpensively at West Marine. I believe it was this one: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...uart--11047123
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Has anyone used a Schwaben oil extractor or something along those lines to change their oil from the dipstick?

How well does it work?

From what I've been hearing people have concerns about not getting some of the residue from the bottom, but have never tried it themselves.
    I have one and it’s awesome! Can’t tell you how nice this is and it makes changing the oil so much easier. This thing saved me when I over filled my wife’s 4Runnner by a quart. Just suck out some oil thru the dipstick tube and was in range. Cleanup is just as easy. Pull the tube out, pump it a few times so it sucks the oil out of the tubes, disconnect the tubes and pour the oil into a drum or in my case plastic 5 gallon tote. If you are worried about oil residue laying in the bottom of the oil pan just do a regular oil change every 3rd oil change or so.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    I have one and it’s awesome! Can’t tell you how nice this is and it makes changing the oil so much easier. This thing saved me when I over filled my wife’s 4Runnner by a quart. Just suck out some oil thru the dipstick tube and was in range. Cleanup is just as easy. Pull the tube out, pump it a few times so it sucks the oil out of the tubes, disconnect the tubes and pour the oil into a drum or in my case plastic 5 gallon tote. If you are worried about oil residue laying in the bottom of the oil pan just do a regular oil change every 3rd oil change or so.

Am I missing something, the capacity is just under 7quarts wouldn't that mean our cars have more oil than this thing can hold at one time?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Isn’t the capacity of the ZHP 6.5 quarts that’s doing a “Full” drain. You will syphon approx 6 quarts or so.
    1 quart equals .95 liters, this is 6.5L.

You can always transfer some of the oil into a container and continue draining the rest. It’s super easy to transfer.

I found a set of Style 68's for sale locally. I've always liked the looks of these wheels. I did a bit of research on the wheel weights vs. the Style 135's, and it looks the Style 68s are about 9.5kg front/9.9kg rear, and the style 135s are about 11.2kg front/11.9kg rear. My question is, does anyone have the experience to say whether or not this weight savings (approximately 3.7lb front and 4.4lb rear) will feel any different with regards to acceleration and/or NVH? Thanks.

Page 677 of 823 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast