Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 823 of 823 FirstFirst ... 323723773813821822823
Results 8,221 to 8,230 of 8230
    My problem is this: regarding the motor I would want most of it gone through and refreshed, updated with various pieces, I’d want a BMWP (or the liking aftermarket) intake, and just make sure everything was done right so that the motor and setup is 100% good to go for a long while vs. having to address stuff down the road. Versus just buying a known good/lower mileage/compression tested car and just slapping it in there.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

$40k minimum for how I you would imagine you'd want it done.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    $40k minimum for how I you would imagine you'd want it done.
    I wasn’t thinking that much haha. Simple refresh of the motor, make sure everything is as OEM as possible, and throw that intake on. I know my Indy can do all of that, it’s just a matter of finding the parts. I also don’t know what all is needed outside of the motor bits.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    My problem is this: regarding the motor I would want most of it gone through and refreshed, updated with various pieces, I’d want a BMWP (or the liking aftermarket) intake, and just make sure everything was done right so that the motor and setup is 100% good to go for a long while vs. having to address stuff down the road. Versus just buying a known good/lower mileage/compression tested car and just slapping it in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I wasn’t thinking that much haha. Simple refresh of the motor, make sure everything is as OEM as possible, and throw that intake on. I know my Indy can do all of that, it’s just a matter of finding the parts. I also don’t know what all is needed outside of the motor bits.
    I guess I don't know what a simple refresh is in your mind, lol. Figure a long block from BMW is $16k, Carbon plenum and its trimmings are $3k minimum, Headers/Exhaust to pair with the intake figured $3-4k minimum, cooling system, fuel system, wiring, and misc odds and ends plus labor. Then you have all the suspension, diff, brakes, etc to complete it.

I guess you could do the swap without the rest of the driveline, brakes and suspension but at that point seems a bit silly, but IDK.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Complete compression tested motors on eBay range from 4k-8k or so depending on mileage. Add in a trans and they range from 7-10k. I have no idea if you can use the 6spd from the ZHP or not and what the advantages/disadvantages are of using the ZHP rear end (if possible, or if you need the M3 rear end). I wouldn’t need brakes as my brake setup is all M3/M3 CSL. Just do rod bearings, vanos stuff, etc.

How can I get the complete VIN out of a partial VIN? For example, let’s say all I have is this:

KM08804

Mdecoder.com requires the full VIN.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

If you've got a similar full VIN from a car from the same series of production (2005 330i), you can change the last 7 and Bimmer.work will automatically correct the check digit for you. Otherwise you should be able to figure it out.

The first three digits for any E46 should be WBA (Country of origin W=Germany, Manufacturer code B =BMW, Vehicle type passenger car = A)

Digits 4-7 are the production series type code. In your case it's EV53. You can find that on realoem.com by entering the last 7 of your VIN:
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select?vin=KM08804

Digit 8 is also manufacturer specified. For E46 sedans/wagons I believe this number is always 4, for 4 doors.

9th digit is the check digit that can be calculated once you know all the other remaining digits.

10th digit is the model year, for 2005 this number is 5.

11-17 you know, KM08804.

So at this point you've got

WBAEV534x5KM08804

To calculate the check digit (x) plug it into the check digit calculator:
    https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/CheckDigit/Index/

So the full VIN should be WBAEV53425KM08804

https://mdecoder.com/decode/wbaev53425km08804

EDIT:

This chart should also be helpful. Looks like the 8th digit is related to the airbag system

Last edited by ///Mark_D; 01-23-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mark_D View Post
    The first three digits for any E46 should be WBA (Country of origin W=Germany, Manufacturer code B =BMW, Vehicle type passenger car = A)
    Except those that begin with WBS.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Except those that begin with WBS.
    All E46 M3's would start with WBS then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mark_D View Post
    ... So the full VIN should be WBAEV53425KM08804
    This helps, thanks. I appreciate the detailed info.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 823 of 823 FirstFirst ... 323723773813821822823