Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 669 of 823 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I return them to FCP and get free new ones to replace them.
    That’s my plan for next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

So...Whats the best way to get some headlight assemblies into the car? I'm tired of struggling to get them in, especially the driver side. and Especially with the headlight washer trim pieces. There has to be some kind of secret. Please share your techniques

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    So...Whats the best way to get some headlight assemblies into the car? I'm tired of struggling to get them in, especially the driver side. and Especially with the headlight washer trim pieces. There has to be some kind of secret. Please share your techniques
    The secret is you accept being sprayed by the blinker fluid dispenser.

If you can, drain your washer fluid, then pop off the trim from your headlight washer and catch the spillage that way you can put on the headlight w/o being rushed by the draining fluid. If you have everything off you first put in the headlight, then the trim, then the cap/trim for the washer.

If not, have someone hold the trim and cap together and put in the headlight from above.

Option three if you pull the cap off, let some spill while put in the headlight, trim, then put the cap on. Not the best option I've spilled my whole fluid reservoir trying to do it that way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    The secret is you accept being sprayed by the blinker fluid dispenser.

If you can, drain your washer fluid, then pop off the trim from your headlight washer and catch the spillage that way you can put on the headlight w/o being rushed by the draining fluid. If you have everything off you first put in the headlight, then the trim, then the cap/trim for the washer.

If not, have someone hold the trim and cap together and put in the headlight from above.

Option three if you pull the cap off, let some spill while put in the headlight, trim, then put the cap on. Not the best option I've spilled my whole fluid reservoir trying to do it that way.

Thanks for the advice, I didn’t think to remove the washer nozzle cover piece so I think I’ll try that in the morning because I’m tired of wrestling with the washer arm and trim piece together. Thankfully, my headlight washing apparatus leaks so I corked it off. No wasting of the reservoir for me.

Do you attach the corner light assembly last?

Also any advice on how to position the headlight assembly to allow it to line up properly with the mounting bracket? That’s where I have the most trouble currently

Thanks for the advice, I didn’t think to remove the washer nozzle cover piece so I think I’ll try that in the morning because I’m tired of wrestling with the washer arm and trim piece together. Thankfully, my headlight washing apparatus leaks so I corked it off. No wasting of the reservoir for me.

Also any advice on how to position the headlight assembly to allow it to line up properly with the mounting bracket? That’s where I have the most trouble currently
    Yeah if you have the large piece trim off the nozzle pops off really easily, with everything out you should line up your headlight with the 3 bolts that hold it in place, it will be a lot clearer and you'll most likely just do it by feel.

And yeah the order is: Headlight->large trim->nozzle->corner

Headlight assemblies are like 4 bolts. I don’t have washers, but I swap them in 12 minutes. I had a friend time me once.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Headlight assemblies are like 4 bolts. I don’t have washers, but I swap them in 12 minutes. I had a friend time me once.
    Washers add a whole new world of hurt, I watched a video somewhere of someone w/ the washers install the assembly keeping thevtrik on in like 40 seconds, blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Yeah if you have the large piece trim off the nozzle pops off really easily, with everything out you should line up your headlight with the 3 bolts that hold it in place, it will be a lot clearer and you'll most likely just do it by feel.

Thanks. For some reason the rear attachment point and bracket won’t align. There’s like a 2 inch gap and I can’t get to go away

Thanks. For some reason the rear attachment point and bracket won’t align. There’s like a 2 inch gap and I can’t get to go away
    What bracket are you referring to?

You're not detaching the bottom plastic bracket from the headlight, are you? That isn't necessary; just remove the two bolts on top of the headlight and the two on the bottom and the whole thing comes out as one piece with the plastic bracket attached to the bottom of the headlight.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 669 of 823 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast