Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 736 of 823 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Local parts shops will also have exhaust seal tape for this exact situation. You'll want a lot of it lol
    Well I did a big whoopsie anyway and ordered the wrong size, forgot the Vibrant has a 3” opening vs stock 2.5”. Going to be exchanging tomorrow then wrapping in that exhaust tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    OE headlight bulbs are 4300k.
    Thanks
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Does anyone here have Ground Control Street camber plates? Got a really good deal on a used set.

Only thing is that just by hand, I was able to easily pull apart the two, which pulls apart the bearing. The bearing looks okay, and the self-aligning features in the bearing mean it pushes together fine. It also rotates relatively smoothly, though I may re-grease since there's a hint of "crunchiness" which I suspect is just some dirt. Just want to be sure I'm not missing any parts here.

​​

EDIT: Well I just answered my own questions by calling Ground Control. Yes, the two halves are supposed to come apart by hand. They also said to use Marine Grease for regreasing. There is limited caster adjustment, as the slots in the billet piece are wider than the studs.
    Last edited by t.er; 06-17-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Let us know how the ride is. Looks like they are solid metal.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Let us know how the ride is. Looks like they are solid metal.
    Hopefully they're okay. There is a bit of rubber in there, albeit much less than OE strut tops:

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    EDIT: Well I just answered my own questions by calling Ground Control. Yes, the two halves are supposed to come apart by hand. They also said to use Marine Grease for regreasing. There is limited caster adjustment, as the slots in the billet piece are wider than the studs.
    Ground Control has famously bad customer service, so I’m impressed you got an answer. Knowing that, I still attempted to ask them a question about their articulating spring jacks (or something related to rear coilover parts, I don’t even remember anymore) and never got a response. Followed up twice, nada.

TCK at least had the decency to respond to my emails about a replacement part for my camber plates. The responses were short and incomplete, but at least they gave me something lol.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Ground Control has famously bad customer service, so I’m impressed you got an answer. Knowing that, I still attempted to ask them a question about their articulating spring jacks (or something related to rear coilover parts, I don’t even remember anymore) and never got a response. Followed up twice, nada.

TCK at least had the decency to respond to my emails about a replacement part for my camber plates. The responses were short and incomplete, but at least they gave me something lol.
    Huh, that's quite the opposite to what I've heard after talking with some guys on NAM3F. I did email and never got a response, but they picked up the moment I called and had answers to all my questions with sufficient detail immediately. And even though they knew I bought the plates used since I had mentioned at the beginning, they were still willing to help

So I'm finally getting around to getting my windshield replaced. My insurance only covers "like and similar" glass, but on the phone they said they would do OEM glass. That said, they only cover $40/hr for labor. I had planned to go to my local BMW dealer to have it done, but my insurance basically wouldn't cover much done by them. I would pay out of pocket, but the stealership's quote was ~$1,500. So instead I'm still having OEM glass replacement, but labor done by SafeLite. They're coming out to me. Has anyone had a bad experience with them? I figure if the glass is OEM, everything else should be okay. I'm worried about the rain/headlight sensor being affected, but assume having OEM glass should take care of that.

From what my friends have told me they have had very good experiences with Safelite. Make sure to get Pilkington brand glass.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I know a couple of people that had issues with them so I avoided using them. Instead I found a local shop that installs windshield. I also bought a genuine bmw windshield gasket since the ones companies use is trim to size.

FYI sekurit or Pilkington are both good brands for the windshield

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 736 of 823 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786 ... LastLast