Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 468 of 823 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    What's the Mafia's opinion on poly v. rubber subframe and diff bushings? A little extra NVH isn't really a big deal, but within reason.

Although I'd like to get her on a track a couple times a year, it is a daily driver.

I went with AKG poly bushings for the diff and kind of regret it. Since the car is primarily driven on the street, the extra harshness from not getting a rev-match perfect is a little too annoying for my taste. Since I did the diff bushings, I've been getting too much mechanical noise during shifts that's also starting to remind me of the reason I got rid of my E30 (constant clunking when shifting).

For someone who doesn't drive 30k a year but instead 10-15, I would recommend OE bushings everywhere as the longevity of poly will probably never be realized during the ownership period...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    I went with AKG "black" poly bushings for my rear subframe and differential when I did my suspension last year. No complaints; almost imperceptible NVH increase from the stiffer material. Lemforder rubber or ball joints everywhere else. Drives great.
    I've read a lot about everything and I'm having a little reservation on poly being too firm, especially the AKG black. Are you tracking often?

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I went with AKG poly bushings for the diff and kind of regret it. Since the car is primarily driven on the street, the extra harshness from not getting a rev-match perfect is a little too annoying for my taste. Since I did the diff bushings, I've been getting too much mechanical noise during shifts that's also starting to remind me of the reason I got rid of my E30 (constant clunking when shifting).

For someone who doesn't drive 30k a year but instead 10-15, I would recommend OE bushings everywhere as the longevity of poly will probably never be realized during the ownership period...
    Perfect, thanks BP! It also doesn't break my heart that OE is cheaper I can get a mixture of Lemmy and Febi for all 7 bushings in the subframe carrier for about $75 with FCP's lifetime guarantee
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I've read a lot about everything and I'm having a little reservation on poly being too firm, especially the AKG black. Are you tracking often?
    I don't track my car at all, nor do I plan to do so. Then again my last car (Mazdaspeed Protege) was very harsh with a full set of 88 durometer poly motor mounts so I probably notice increased NVH less than others, but even with the poly I will say my car rides very well.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Ditto here. Hate the drivetrain windup with the stock bushings especially with the LSD and SC but I don't want to turn my car into a vibrating chair...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

What's the Mafia's opinion on poly v. rubber subframe and diff bushings? A little extra NVH isn't really a big deal, but within reason.

Although I'd like to get her on a track a couple times a year, it is a daily driver.
    Go with rubber.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Ditto here. Hate the drivetrain windup with the stock bushings especially with the LSD and SC but I don't want to turn my car into a vibrating chair...
    it won't. i have ECS poly diff bushings (88A) and AKG poly subframe mounts (90A i believe), and no NVH increase; only locked-down rear end and much, much better power application. there is a some whine from the diff transmitted into the cabin, but i don't mind it at all.

to put it in perspective: i am CRAZY anal about vibrations and NVH. the UUC black trans mounts i run add some NVH at low revs and that bothers me, but the shifting quality is worth the trade-off. if the poly bits in the diff and subframe were causing increased NVH i would probably go back to rubber.

and, after driving rubber-bushed cars again (my Tourings), and i very much looking forward to getting the sedan's poly bits into the red Touring!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

The what? What is this drivetrain windup you speak of?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

When you shift hard between gears all those rubber bushings absorb some of the power instead of transferring to the wheels... Hard to really describe. I call it squishy... You can hear it and feel it..
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

When you shift hard between gears all those rubber bushings absorb some of the power instead of transferring to the wheels... Hard to really describe. I call it squishy... You can hear it and feel it..
    you can totally feel it... and after driving the poly-bushed car, it's hard to go back.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    you can totally feel it... and after driving the poly-bushed car, it's hard to go back.
    I haven't noticed a difference in power delivery, only comfort...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 468 of 823 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568 ... LastLast