Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 701 of 823 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    25k-30k I think is the recommended interval?

Interestingly when I replaced them in my old man’s E60, iDrive automatically reset the service alert for 60k. Definitely nowhere near that long in the E46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Every other oil change so 15k. Fcpeuro ftw

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Sweet, time to pick up a new cabin air filter from the ol' FCP. Thanks fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    Good call on the boot. Not sure if it's original but could very well be the reason for the gap. Might be worth getting a new boot to go with the knob. Quickly checked out coby and a leather boot (i think look nicer than alcantara) are $30 + (i assume) shipping, so pretty reasonable.
    Yeah shipping is like 8$, if you order tomorrow you should have it by Thursday and you can just hot glue it on.

At 30$ it’s worth the gamble if you ask me, I did the Alcantara arm rest and love the look and feel honestly. I remember you got your car right before me almost 5 years ago from Florida lol I changed my shift boot/knob a while ago cause it was disgusting and I’m ready to do it again

I’ll be buying the illuminated knob from the F10 m5 & I just scored a spare set of ebrake/shift boots today so I’ll be looking to get those redone by coby too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Yeah shipping is like 8$, if you order tomorrow you should have it by Thursday and you can just hot glue it on.

At 30$ it’s worth the gamble if you ask me, I did the Alcantara arm rest and love the look and feel honestly. I remember you got your car right before me almost 5 years ago from Florida lol I changed my shift boot/knob a while ago cause it was disgusting and I’m ready to do it again

I’ll be buying the illuminated knob from the F10 m5 & I just scored a spare set of ebrake/shift boots today so I’ll be looking to get those redone by coby too
    N

Sadly my neighbor took that one to heaven after only 18 months of ownership and the wife actually liked that car (unlike the current one that she candidly refers to as the money pit, lol).

A cool thing about that car is the last 7 of the VIN were KM05482, and what is my wife's birthday? Apr 5th, 1982. When i mentioned it to her she was not overly impressed and said "but the day/month is backwards" to which i said "no, in Europe they write the day first". BAM.

Good call on the boot. Not sure if it's original but could very well be the reason for the gap. Might be worth getting a new boot to go with the knob. Quickly checked out coby and a leather boot (i think look nicer than alcantara) are $30 + (i assume) shipping, so pretty reasonable.
    Do you have the tie wrap around the neck of the boot? It usually holds it up to the base of the knob. Loosen the boot from the shifter surround, pull the boot up (so it's inside out) & check for/add the tie wrap.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Do you have the tie wrap around the neck of the boot? It usually holds it up to the base of the knob. Loosen the boot from the shifter surround, pull the boot up (so it's inside out) & check for/add the tie wrap.
    Mine doesn't have a zip tie there and it sits perfectly fine. This is the first time I've heard of a zip tie being used for the shifter boot... I know the handbrake boot on mine had one, though not sure if that's supposed to be there.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Mine doesn't have a zip tie there and it sits perfectly fine. This is the first time I've heard of a zip tie being used for the shifter boot... I know the handbrake boot on mine had one, though not sure if that's supposed to be there.
    My handbrake boot also had a ziptie (so I put one on the replacement boot too). The shifter did not have one.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Check if it's a genuine BMW ziptie

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Check if it's a genuine BMW ziptie
    This is very important. A lot of chinesium knockoffs out there.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Sadly my neighbor took that one to heaven after only 18 months of ownership and the wife actually liked that car (unlike the current one that she candidly refers to as the money pit, lol).

A cool thing about that car is the last 7 of the VIN were KM05482, and what is my wife's birthday? Apr 5th, 1982. When i mentioned it to her she was not overly impressed and said "but the day/month is backwards" to which i said "no, in Europe they write the day first". BAM.
    Lol this is awesome! Sorry to hear about the car though cause that’s really rough, I honestly don’t think I can see myself without a ZHP in my stable now, too attached

Hey guys! Just picked up full Alcantara interior for my sedan this past weekend and I’m excited to change up the look of my car eventually but For people with Alcantara interior, is there any remedy for sun faded Alcantara bits?

Some of the interior pieces I just picked up have a yellowish hue to them and I’d want to restore these and put them in my sedan to have this interior.

Any suggestions/cleaning/restoring methods are appreciated

Found a full option set of sport seats local to me to for only 100$ so I might buy those & swap the alcantara skins over so I can have full heated/power/memory/adjustable bolster Alcantara seats.

Page 701 of 823 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast