Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 697 of 823 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707747797 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 8230
    I know the Delphie coils are what the dealership sold me last time, I think they are the updated version.

Also.... free batteries are the best. They went ahead and warrantied the Bosh 94R I had

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Agreed, but not sure about the choice of Bosch coils. Here's the forum conversation re: coils - see the last few pages:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?15721
    Thanks for the link, I had no idea Bosch was out of favor.
    So, just to clarify, is it saying to avoid Bosch CPs and go with genuine, eldor or Delphi? (Or bremi, which I’ve never heard of)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Name:  IMG_6390.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  439.5 KB

When bleeding the system, and the car starts to overheat, so I turned it off and waiting for it to cool (fan to speed it up).

What is the purpose of waiting for it to FULLY cool down? What is happening?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Name:  IMG_6390.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  439.5 KB

When bleeding the system, and the car starts to overheat, so I turned it off and waiting for it to cool (fan to speed it up).

What is the purpose of waiting for it to FULLY cool down? What is happening?
    You let it cool so that:

A) You don't get sprayed in the face with boiling hot coolant when you top it off

B) The steam (water vapor) created by raising the coolant above boiling gets a chance to escape out of the system.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    You let it cool so that:

A) You don't get sprayed in the face with boiling hot coolant when you top it off

B) The steam (water vapor) created by raising the coolant above boiling gets a chance to escape out of the system.

I guess another question is: what’s fully cooled down? When the system is no longer pressurized? Or when everything’s cool to the touch? Or...?

Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    I guess another question is: what’s fully cooled down? When the system is no longer pressurized? Or when everything’s cool to the touch? Or...?
    I would say when the system is no longer under pressure. Temperature wise, I really can't say. I guess maybe warm to the touch?

-Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Yea that’s roughly what I was thinking. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That's probably wishful thinking... lol
    I don't think most of us have a few grand just lying around waiting to be spent!
    Lol well I don’t expect someone who doesn’t have the money to spend, to sign up for the group buy? That’d be a little backwards and counter productive anyway lol

For the people who are interested, This will at least generate some kind of conversation on where kits like VF stand in our community and how many people want the bump in HP lol I’m excited to see what kind of discounts they’d even be willing to give. A lot of these kits are made to order so chances are slim on a deep discount from my POV anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    In addition to cost and other cons mentioned above I’d like my car to stay NA.

I agree completely honestly, I’ve been on an OEM+ kick my self but man...... the extra umph would really be great after my car gets out of paint eventually lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Lol well I don’t expect someone who doesn’t have the money to spend, to sign up for the group buy? That’d be a little backwards and counter productive anyway lol

For the people who are interested, This will at least generate some kind of conversation on where kits like VF stand in our community and how many people want the bump in HP lol I’m excited to see what kind of discounts they’d even be willing to give. A lot of these kits are made to order so chances are slim on a deep discount from my POV anyway lol

Yeah I doubt there would be much. They tried to charge me nearly the full price of the kit when they wanted to use my car for their CARB testing. Maybe you'll get more if you get Carbonzhp to help you out with some discount

Page 697 of 823 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707747797 ... LastLast