Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 235 of 823 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 8230
    Increasing positive caster effectively increases the wheel base and should increase straight line stability. It should also effectively increase negative camber when turning, improving the feel when in the corners.

Sounds good. Thanks again for the help! I'll definitely spring for the z4m fcabs and possibly rtabs when the time comes. Hopefully within the next month or so. Depending on if utahs weather will cooperate with me...
    Shawn, 801

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Is this the correct belly pan? I was on real oem and it was being excluded from the parts list I was looking at. Does the Zhp have a different belly pan to accommodate our aerodynamic brake cooling ducts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the correct one. Check out fcp euro might have better pricing

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    That is the correct one. Check out fcp euro might have better pricing
    They do price match.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm planning on installing strut tower reinforcement plates (like these: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-32...ates-pair.aspx) and have a few questions.

1. All my research says yes, but I'd like to be certain on this. The spring is contained on the strut assembly. I don't need to contain it before lowering the strut assembly, correct?
    2. The alignment tab on the strut mount means I won't need an alignment after I'm done?
    3. Do I need to disconnect the stabilizer bar link, brake hose, wires, etc. (I don't have Xenon headlights) if I'm just lowering the strut assembly enough to slip the reinforcement plate on top?

Thanks in advance!

2008 128i ZSP Sedonarot

---

2004 330i ZHP Imolarot
    Conforti Shark Injector - Installation Pending!
    AFE Magnum FORCE Stage 1 PRO 5R Intake
    ECS Tuning Strut Bar
    ECS Tuning Magnetic Drain Plug
    German Auto Solutions DISA Gold Valve
    CDV Delete
    BSW and Polk Drivers
    Ziza LED Interior Kit
    Khoalty CREE LED Reverse Lights
    BMW strut tower reinforcement plates

I put in the strut tower reinforcement plates when I did my suspension refresh. They just sit between the strut assembly and the strut tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbie View Post
    I'm planning on installing strut tower reinforcement plates (like these: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-32...ates-pair.aspx) and have a few questions.

1. All my research says yes, but I'd like to be certain on this. The spring is contained on the strut assembly. I don't need to contain it before lowering the strut assembly, correct?
    Correct. The strut assembly is a unit comprised of the strut mount, some other plate thing I can't remember the name of, the strut itself, the spring, spring pads, and dust boots. When you remove the three nuts on the strut tower the strut assembly will remove as one piece (after you've removed the strut from the lower attachment points)

2. The alignment tab on the strut mount means I won't need an alignment after I'm done?
    I'm pretty sure you need an alignment afterwards. After I did my refresh, despite using the same springs and just using new shocks/struts, I needed an alignment.

3. Do I need to disconnect the stabilizer bar link, brake hose, wires, etc. (I don't have Xenon headlights) if I'm just lowering the strut assembly enough to slip the reinforcement plate on top?
    If you're just sliding the plate in I don't think you should have to detach any of that stuff. There should be enough give for you to slide in the plate, but I can't be sure since I had the whole assembly apart when I did.

You may need an alignment as it will move the settings a bit. Not sure which ones or how much. The plates just sit on top but sometimes the nub has to be drilled out to get alignment into spec (but you will put the pin into the hole when reinstalling ).

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

Also, you might be able to slide them in when dropping the strut, but I couldn't. There wasn't enough clearance. Maybe if Bruce or someone is monitoring this thread they can chime in.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Sounds good. Thanks again for the help! I'll definitely spring for the z4m fcabs and possibly rtabs when the time comes. Hopefully within the next month or so. Depending on if utahs weather will cooperate with me...
    I have a set of the z4m fcabs that I got just a couple of weeks ago. I decided to not put them on. Bought for $48 as they were on sale, but I'll send to you $40 shipped.

Edit: Sold!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jakksfor20; 01-01-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Page 235 of 823 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335735 ... LastLast