Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 51 of 823 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I would look into the bi-xenon option because the light output is tremendous compared to Halogens. However if they are ZKWs you will need to repair them. Honestly, the best option comes from q fellow on here by the name Clemsone46. He repairs the bowls for the projectors. It's a great service.

Make a thread that chronicles your search so we can better help you out as an individual.

Sent from my GS3.
    I'm in love with this forum

Also, can't I just install an HID kit in place of the halogen? Are the projectors the same as the bi-xenon? I'm guessing it's just missing the ballast and the switch for high-beam.

Quote Originally Posted by yuri View Post

Also, can't I just install an HID kit in place of the halogen? Are the projectors the same as the bi-xenon? I'm guessing it's just missing the ballast and the switch for high-beam.
    Halogen uses reflectors not projectors. You can't install HID into reflectors unless you retrofit projectors.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Hey fellas, D4 ATF or 75wXX MTL for my transmission? Looking for best synchro performance.

Also, how many quarts do I need?

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    So this doesn't get buried. Anyone know or have recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by yuri View Post

Yea you can. I looked into it on my zhp. You can get a decent pair as low as $150.

My previous e46 had xenon. Difference is fairly significant, but since I do so little night driving it doesn't bother me.

I'll be doing a headlight refresh soon, staying with halogens. New bulbs, lenses, and clear corners. All in it's about $150-200 I think. The lenses are the most expensive part.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Yea you can. I looked into it on my zhp. You can get a decent pair as low as $150.

My previous e46 had xenon. Difference is fairly significant, but since I do so little night driving it doesn't bother me.

I'll be doing a headlight refresh soon, staying with halogens. New bulbs, lenses, and clear corners. All in it's about $150-200 I think. The lenses are the most expensive part.
    Pricing doesn't seem so bad on set of ZXW-R lenses: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.U2vkH61dWJA
    I think all you need is lenses and ballasts for a nice setup that will probably beat the stock bi-xenons.
    I learned a lot today. Thanks again for your help.

Hey fellas, D4 ATF or 75wXX MTL for my transmission? Looking for best synchro performance.

Also, how many quarts do I need?

I recommend Redline MTL. 2 quarts should suffice. Fill the gearbox and once it spills out wait until the excess starts dripping rather than acting as a stream. That way it isn't over full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Tranny capacity is ~2qts i believe. I run 1qt ATF 1qt MTL and it's a great compromise for the climate up here. No issues with synchros.

Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Tranny capacity is ~2qts i believe. I run 1qt ATF 1qt MTL and it's a great compromise for the climate up here. No issues with synchros.

Quote Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
    I recommend Redline MTL. 2 quarts should suffice. Fill the gearbox and once it spills out wait until the excess starts dripping rather than acting as a stream. That way it isn't over full

Thanks. I'll go with full MTL since it doesn't get too cold here. What's he best weight? 75w80/85/90?

Depends on the tranny. I don't remember exactly but I think if you have a green sticker it's straight MTL and if it's yellow it's 75-90 gear oil (for redline fluids at least)

Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Thanks. I'll go with full MTL since it doesn't get too cold here. What's he best weight? 75w80/85/90?

I have 75W-80. I have had it since March and it got down to the lower thirties and I didn't have any problems. it's good stuff

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Page 51 of 823 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast