Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 187 of 823 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 8230
    San, I don't think it's mileage based at all, but rather is entirely dependent on the oil level detected by the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    After how many miles does the yellow oil level light come on -

1) if ccv is blocked
    2) under normal conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    San, I don't think it's mileage based at all, but rather is entirely dependent on the oil level detected by the sensor.
    Yup. You'd burn more if CCV was getting clogged. Turns on when it gets close to a quart low.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Yup. You'd burn more if CCV was getting clogged. Turns on when it gets close to a quart low.
    Or if it's like mine, the yellow oil light comes on intermittently because it's probably faulty since my oil sits right at the "full" mark on the dipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Or if it's like mine, the yellow oil light comes on intermittently because it's probably faulty since my oil sits right at the "full" mark on the dipstick.
    Ok, so when do I check for the oil level? Immediately after I turn the engine off? Or a minute or two after turning the engine off? Or when the engine is cold?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Ok, so when do I check for the oil level? Immediately after I turn the engine off? Or a minute or two after turning the engine off? Or when the engine is cold?

10-50 minutes after shutting car off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

What he said (needless to say....he's Dane, after all!) You want the oil to be hot, or at least warm, then give it enough time to drain completely back into the pan before checking. Now aren't you glad you have a dipstick instead of having to rely on a sensor that may or may not be working?

What he said (needless to say....he's Dane, after all!) You want the oil to be hot, or at least warm, then give it enough time to drain completely back into the pan before checking. Now aren't you glad you have a dipstick instead of having to rely on a sensor that may or may not be working?
    Thanks Dane and Dave...

Yup, that is one of the reason I like the E46 platform...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Or you wait for light
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Or you wait for light

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I usually wait for the car to stall. Is that bad?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 187 of 823 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast