Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 210 of 823 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 8230
    What did you set yours to? Right now mine are stiff but not spine-crushingly so. They still translate bumps into the cabin but they aren't a nuisance, and definitely a tad more comfortable than the OE shocks/struts I replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    What did you set yours to? Right now mine are stiff but not spine-crushingly so. They still translate bumps into the cabin but they aren't a nuisance, and definitely a tad more comfortable than the OE shocks/struts I replaced.
    I don't recall offhand and would have to check the fronts. I did loosen them up a couple of notches recently and it helped. I with the rears could be set easier...

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Anyone have a front (right if it matters) black speaker grille (mid bass)?

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Anyone have a front (right if it matters) black speaker grille (mid bass)?

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.
    Found one on eBay. It's on the way.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Hard shutter in the steering wheel yesterday at Road America. First session was good, second session I made it 2 laps before the issue started, right after a really hard brake down from about 150-60ish.

I was on Cool Carbons which aren't "track pads" but have similar specs as a Hawk HP+ pad (hybrid) from what I researched so I doubt I cooked them. Brakes have never done that before. System was just bled - would some air in the system possibly cause that? Stuck piston? The Brembos were rebuilt this April.

Or could this be more suspension related?

Went out again for 3rd session and same thing so I hung it up for the day and drove home. Car was fine on the highway.

Thanks
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

What about the rotors?

Feel any vibration in the brake pedal?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

A bit, not as bad as in the wheel, but the rotors looked ok upon inspection and if they were warped that'd be fucked up cuz theyre new BMW ZCP ones from April/May. Those aren't gonna warp that quickly/easily. I should probably have them turned anyway just in case but somehow I don't think that's the issue or else I'd really feel it at highway speeds which I don't.
    Call me Seth

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    I was on Cool Carbons which aren't "track pads" but have similar specs as a Hawk HP+ pad (hybrid) from what I researched so I doubt I cooked them. Brakes have never done that before. System was just bled - would some air in the system possibly cause that? Stuck piston? The Brembos were rebuilt this April.

That class is pad isn't designed for repeated 150-60 stops... that is considered heavy pad usage. While I doubt that is what is causing your shuddering issue, I'm just saying don't be surprised if your brakes cook easily with those pads at those speeds. You may want to invest in some race pads for that kind of speed.

Did you have your bushings inspected? Does it happen at all stages of the brake pedal (light pressure, medium, and heavy pressures) or just a certain stage? Does turning while braking make a difference in the shuddering?

It is not recommended to "turn" BMW rotors, BTW. I'm not sure of the exact science behind it but I've seen/heard it from numerous sources.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say there's uneven pad deposits on one or both rotors. Did you properly bed them in prior to going to the track?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That class is pad isn't designed for repeated 150-60 stops... that is considered heavy pad usage. While I doubt that is what is causing your shuddering issue, I'm just saying don't be surprised if your brakes cook easily with those pads at those speeds. You may want to invest in some race pads for that kind of speed.

Did you have your bushings inspected? Does it happen at all stages of the brake pedal (light pressure, medium, and heavy pressures) or just a certain stage? Does turning while braking make a difference in the shuddering?

It is not recommended to "turn" BMW rotors, BTW. I'm not sure of the exact science behind it but I've seen/heard it from numerous sources.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say there's uneven pad deposits on one or both rotors. Did you properly bed them in prior to going to the track?
    Yeah I've heard guys had decent days on track with them. This happened 2nd session out. I had DT60s but only front so I was advised to not use them.

Bushings have all been replaced in this car within 2 yrs and less than 20k. It was only on the hard braking from what I recall. Like I said car drove fine on way home a few hours later. This morning they felt a little weak. We looked for pad deposits but didn't see much of anything and instructor did some hot laps to try and see if they could clear them. I bedded the pads when new. If they weren't then, they are now right? Lol

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Yeah I've heard guys had decent days on track with them. This happened 2nd session out. I had DT60s but only front so I was advised to not use them.

Bushings have all been replaced in this car within 2 yrs and less than 20k. It was only on the hard braking from what I recall. Like I said car drove fine on way home a few hours later. This morning they felt a little weak. We looked for pad deposits but didn't see much of anything and instructor did some hot laps to try and see if they could clear them. I bedded the pads when new. If they weren't then, they are now right? Lol

GoingHAM mobile

Weird. I've got nothin...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 210 of 823 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast