Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 309 of 823 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Is it possible to remove the yellow child seat warning stickers from the visors?
    Yes, but then you get the lines left over that you can't completely get rid of. I would have rather left them on there, but the guy I bought the visors already took them off. I'll have to replace them with euro ones later that don't come with it.

edit:
    crap should have scrolled down more LOL nice work.

Thanks for the good words, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You can buy new ones that don't have them on there... I remember ECS carried them.
    Found them with ECS' help: $98.43 each.

The modified visors don't really show much damage from the work that was done on them: slightly stretched out and discolored in the area of the old stickers but it's really quite minor. I'm going to let things settle in and see how much of that fades away with time.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Thanks for the good words, folks!

Found them with ECS' help: $98.43 each.

The modified visors don't really show much damage from the work that was done on them: slightly stretched out and discolored in the area of the old stickers but it's really quite minor. I'm going to let things settle in and see how much of that fades away with time.
    Part number for the new ones without the stickers?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Part number for the new ones without the stickers?
    81865/81866
    " If Ordered Now, Ships on May 24th " so presumably shipped in from Europe.

5. Has anyone paid for the premium Carista app? It's supposed to be able to read/reset all the codes, including ABS and SRS codes. If so, any impressions? I was all set to go buy the premium Torque app, but it apparently doesn't do those.

6. Oh, another question - I have the two oil common leaks - one at the filter housing, and the Valve cover gasket. Occasionally, I get a whiff of burnt oil in the cabin. If I were to fix one, which would be the more likely candidate for the burnt oil? I've tried locating it with the engine running, but my sense of smell is not good enough to tell which is the source.

(I am checking the oil levels frequently to make sure the quantity doesn't drop too dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    Oh, another question - I have the two oil common leaks - one at the filter housing, and the Valve cover gasket. Occasionally, I get a whiff of burnt oil in the cabin. If I were to fix one, which would be the more likely candidate for the burnt oil? I've tried locating it with the engine running, but my sense of smell is not good enough to tell which is the source.

(I am checking the oil levels frequently to make sure the quantity doesn't drop too dramatically.
    Burnt oil smell would be valve cover gasket... It leaks onto the exhaust heat shield...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    Occasionally, I get a whiff of burnt oil in the cabin. If I were to fix one, which would be the more likely candidate for the burnt oil?
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Burnt oil smell would be valve cover gasket... It leaks onto the exhaust heat shield...
    This! Just did my wife's X3 this spring, and that's exactly what would happen... Nothing for awhile, then a drip of oil would fall onto the exhaust manifold and we'd get a giant whiff of burnt oil smell. If it was calm, like in the garage, we could even see a little puff. Replaced the valve cover gasket, and all was well again.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Quick question for the gang... I want a little more sound from the ZHP. More rumble at idle, more burble on downshift, and a little healthier sound when I stand on it. I'm not interested in spending big bucks on headers and exhaust, or even a tuner axle back solution for a grand or whatever.

To be clear, this isn't about performance, but rather sound/fun/enjoyment. I'm not out to be the center of attention and I certainly don't want to be like the kid in the Civic annoying the crap out everybody with the the fart-can mufflers. This is for me, not to show off, and I don't want a bunch of attention at every green light.

So, I asked around and it seemed like a muffler delete was the best option. Of course, videos only show so much, and you never really know when one person says, "It's not loud at all." I scheduled an appointment to do a muffler delete for about $225, but got cold feet on that particular vendor.

I just rescheduled with another vendor, and based on my comments, he's recommending replacing the rear muffler with dual "glass pack"/resonators, and reusing the factory tips, which with labor is about $400. My only experience with "glass packs" is on muscle cars and trucks, where I HATE how they sound... To me, they sound "flabby" or "puffy" or something like that. But, I have no clue what they would sound like on a ZHP.

My instinct is to try the muffler delete, and if that's too loud, then have him add something back, like what he's recommending, or the Flowmaster that some people use.

Knowing what I'm after, can anybody offers any guidance?

Sorry for the long post in the random question thread, but my appointment is tomorrow, and I don't want to just blow a bunch of money trying different things.

Thanks, guys!!!

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Vibrant muffler. Look at the thread here for it

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 309 of 823 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409809 ... LastLast