Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 318 of 823 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418818 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 8230
    Brake question. Never been replaced since I've never owned the car. Was inspecting them when I rotated the tires, and I'm thinking they're close to end of life. Replace both rotor and pads together? I think the rotor is toast?

Fronts

Rears

For rotors, feel the lip. If you can feel one with your finger, it's about time to replace.

As far as pads - the pics make it slightly hard to judge, but I would say that based on what I see, the rear pads should get done at this point as well. They technically have a little more life left in them, but if you're getting new rotors, then new pads are the way to go. The fronts appear to have decent life left.

If you got OE rotors, then the rotors are designed to wear with the pad, so by the time the pad is gone, the rotor "should" be replaced as well. That is why there is excellent braking performance with the OE setup, though that is also why there is so much dust. If you're going aftermarket, then disregard this comment as it may not apply.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    Brake question. Never been replaced since I've never owned the car. Was inspecting them when I rotated the tires, and I'm thinking they're close to end of life. Replace both rotor and pads together? I think the rotor is toast?

Fronts

Rears

Good advice BP. I've got about this much lip on mine. I guess it's 'bout time.

Hmm pics aren't showing in the post. Maybe a TaT setting?!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Good advice BP. I've got about this much lip on mine. I guess it's 'bout time.

Hmm pics aren't showing in the post. Maybe a TaT setting?!

I can see the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

By those pictures it is time for new pads and rotors.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    By those pictures it is time for new pads and rotors.
    This. Replace both.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

7. OK, so I'm bringing in my car to have the passenger airbag replaced, and I'm having them replace my valve cover gasket too (it's leaking, and I'm lazy). I'm talking to the service manager, and he starts telling me that, given the mileage (140k), I should also replace the valve cover itself, "because they can warp, too". Their price for the VC is $470, so I'm going to pass on it. I've had that gasket replaced on other cars before, but never the VC itself. I've never heard that before.

Was he blowing smoke or is there any truth to what he's saying?

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I can see the pics

What a mess-- TaT.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    What a mess-- TaT.
    no more "Zhp is garbage....." sig?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    OK, so I'm bringing in my car to have the passenger airbag replaced, and I'm having them replace my valve cover gasket too (it's leaking, and I'm lazy). I'm talking to the service manager, and he starts telling me that, given the mileage (140k), I should also replace the valve cover itself, "because they can warp, too". Their price for the VC is $470, so I'm going to pass on it. I've had that gasket replaced on other cars before, but never the VC itself. I've never heard that before.

Was he blowing smoke or is there any truth to what he's saying?
    I've heard the same from an indy mechanic and have read the same on a forum (E46Fanatics?). The valve covers warps since it is plastic. When just the gasket is replaced the leak will start again. And then both the cover and gasket have to be redone.

The cover itself runs $320 on ECStuning.

Page 318 of 823 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418818 ... LastLast