Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 385 of 823 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    A very very quick search turned up a front pair of HT10 pads for E46 going for about $190.
    Oh cool, should I hang onto them? Like I said if anyone is in need id be happy to part with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Looks like "EB" at the lower right of the pad. EBC is a brand of brake parts.
    The strange thing is, that backing plate matches neither the HT10 nor the EBC Bluestuff.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The strange thing is, that backing plate matches neither the HT10 nor the EBC Bluestuff.
    well dang, so maybe OEM?
    Well if the carbon were on right now I wouldn't be able to brake in the winter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    well dang, so maybe OEM?
    Well if the carbon were on right now I wouldn't be able to brake in the winter, right?

Definitely not OE. OE pads do not have blue coloring. I'd say it's safe to bet it's a track pad, just having trouble identifying it.
    If you were to put them on in the winter, you'd be skating through a stop sign/light and probably into the back of another car. Track pads need to be a higher temperatures to function properly.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Does anyone have experience with brake quiet?
    I have a rattle can right now that I haven't used yet but I've been looking into it and it seems everyone uses a paste of some sort with a brush, so I'm not sure how I would apply a spray can?

Definitely not OE. OE pads do not have blue coloring. I'd say it's safe to bet it's a track pad, just having trouble identifying it.
    If you were to put them on in the winter, you'd be skating through a stop sign/light and probably into the back of another car. Track pads need to be a higher temperatures to function properly.
    Oh ok well that's good to hear haha, I'll keep them for now then, I do plan to track it eventually so I may as well keep them

What is the exact problem you're having? When does the squeak occur; is it when you first apply the brakes then it quiets down, or is it a squealing that happens as long as the car is moving and you're on the brake?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

What is the exact problem you're having? When does the squeak occur; is it when you first apply the brakes then it quiets down, or is it a squealing that happens as long as the car is moving and you're on the brake?
    When I'm coming to a stop it starts to high pitch squeal, then stops as I push harder against it, but the last 5ft of the stop are obnoxiously loud. You can hear it from a couple blocks away.
    Only noise I hear when I'm driving is when I take a hard left turn my front left wheel makes a small squeak so I think the bearing might be going

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    When I'm coming to a stop it starts to high pitch squeal, then stops as I push harder against it, but the last 5ft of the stop are obnoxiously loud. You can hear it from a couple blocks away.
    Only noise I hear when I'm driving is when I take a hard left turn my front left wheel makes a small squeak so I think the bearing might be going

That sounds suspiciously similar to Hawk HP+ pads, which are a "streetable" track pad (mix between street/track). I have a strong feeling you have those installed now... I bet you they dust a lot, right???

If that's the case, there's nothing you can do to shut them up, other than to go deaf or to swap the pads for something else. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to run HP+ on the street (read: why the seller would sell you the car like that)!!

I'm willing to bet that if you swap to a street pad, the noise will go away.

Back when I had stock calipers, I would run Hawk HP+ pads on the track. In the days before and after a track event (because I was lazy and didn't swap them immediately), I'd drive with them on the street, and would immediately want to disappear into thin air as I came to a stop at stop lights. It was extremely embarrassing, and have had a couple of people try to tell me (at the light) that my brakes are bad, and I'd just have to embarrassingly say "my brakes are fine, thank you". lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

That sounds suspiciously similar to Hawk HP+ pads, which are a "streetable" track pad (mix between street/track). I have a strong feeling you have those installed now... I bet you they dust a lot, right???

If that's the case, there's nothing you can do to shut them up, other than to go deaf or to swap the pads for something else. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to run HP+ on the street (read: why the seller would sell you the car like that)!!

I'm willing to bet that if you swap to a street pad, the noise will go away.
    Oh god they probably are lol I remember the seller talking about the squeaking now because they were performance pads and oh yeah, dust on dust on dust, it's ridiculous, makes me want to get some Akebonos that are supposedly performance dustless pads.
    And on a more serious note the reason they came with the car is because I bought it from the wife of a former member of this forum(names will stay confidential out of respect) who unfortunately passed, so the car came exactly how he left it with a box of every spare and OEM part

Page 385 of 823 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast