Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 411 of 823 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    From the Maintenance Section, a battery charger thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...highlight=ctek
    Thank you! I searched, but didn't yield any good hits. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

For the software install, it's best to have a charger that will at least put out a couple of amps. I have two chargers: one for trickle/maintain (BMW branded) and one from harbor freight that puts out a max 6 amps that I use for software updates.

If you just have a trickle charger you can always do the DME read then charge back up and do the write to the DME. I know with my tunes from ESS, the read takes much longer that the write.
    Some people just fully charge and do both at the same time but I like to play it safe
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    For the software install, it's best to have a charger that will at least put out a couple of amps. I have two chargers: one for trickle/maintain (BMW branded) and one from harbor freight that puts out a max 6 amps that I use for software updates.

If you just have a trickle charger you can always do the DME read then charge back up and do the write to the DME. I know with my tunes from ESS, the read takes much longer that the write.
    Some people just fully charge and do both at the same time but I like to play it safe
    Thank you for the tip. I'd prefer to play it safe. I'll snag a good charger, always a good tool to have in the garage anyway. I get nervous messing with the software of the car.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
    Thank you for the tip. I'd prefer to play it safe. I'll snag a good charger, always a good tool to have in the garage anyway. I get nervous messing with the software of the car.
    Let me know what you end up with. I'm contemplating taking off my Shark Injector if I ever get around to sending an M3 cluster and my DME to Terra to have it coded, and then reinstalling it afterwards.

He can code it with the shark still on the DME if you want to keep the tune. What he needs to code is out of the range of the tune.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Ah okay. When I asked him a couple of months ago he suggested I remove the shark tune before sending it to him.

He was able to do mine with my Dinan tune still the DME but ultimately he's the one that will know. IDK how much of the DME the shark tunes overwrites but there is a good chance that if you reinstall the tune after he modifies it, it will overwrite what he did
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    He was able to do mine with my Dinan tune still the DME but ultimately he's the one that will know. IDK how much of the DME the shark tunes overwrites but there is a good chance that if you reinstall the tune after he modifies it, it will overwrite what he did
    Gotcha. I'll just ask him again whenever I get around to taking the plunge. I'm (blindly) holding out hope for someone to figure out coding on shift lights for the M3 cluster but coded for the M54...

I know he was close to figuring out how to code through the OBDII
    H&R sport springs,

Ok, I'm puzzled. I have a low tire and after searching the garage to find the tire air attachment (that was right where I left it so I wouldn't forget!) I can't get air into the tire. Tire has about 28lbs in it. I tried a bike tire and it fills fine. The compressor is on and fill line is wide open. I've disconnected and reconnected both ends. Any ideas??

Page 411 of 823 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast