Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 491 of 823 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Does anyone else experience trouble shifting into second gear when at higher RPM's? I'll be trying to get a first gear pull in off the line and I can't for the life of me shift smoothly into second. I almost have to wait a second in between the shifts or I totally miss the bite point and the whole car lurches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have this issue (more getting into first at a stop on occasion), but I think others have mentioned it before.

Yes, I experience trouble shifting into 2nd at higher RPMs. I've believed it was just me being a bit rusty at shifting a manual again, but would be interested to learn if there is a reason beyond pilot-error at play here ;-)

Do you still have the clutch delay valve in there? That could cause that...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It'll happen to me if I'm shifting really quickly. Not sure if it's from the slop in my shifter, but I'm probably going to follow Peter's "bulletproof" shifter refurb to see what difference it makes.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I thought it just took some time for the revs to drop enough.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I thought it just took some time for the revs to drop enough.
    Definitely an idea that popped into my head, but dang is it a long wait time relative to banging through gears if you're trying to get that 0-60 down

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Do you still have the clutch delay valve in there? That could cause that...
    Not entirely sure what that is lol, how can I check?

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    It'll happen to me if I'm shifting really quickly. Not sure if it's from the slop in my shifter, but I'm probably going to follow Peter's "bulletproof" shifter refurb to see what difference it makes.
    Where could I find that thread?

The clutch delay valve (CDV) connects the hard line to the soft line of the clutch line. I believe it's designed to help reduce clutch wear by slowing the movement of the clutch hydraulic fluid (brake fluid in our cars) and thus the engagement of the clutch. It makes the clutch grab point mushy. Removing it is pretty easy and makes clutch pedal feel much better.

Below is one DIY. He uses a replacement CDV that is modified with a larger bore. You don't have to do that, you can simply remove the factory CDV and directly connect the soft line to the hard line.

http://www.bmw330ci.net/projects/cdv.php

I'm working on the garage right so I don't have time to check but if you search for CDV you should be able to find it. There should be something in the DIY section I would imagine
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 491 of 823 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast