Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 50 of 823 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast
    I haven't had the time to get my car scanned yet or setup my computer to do it but my DSC/brake/ABS lights came on last week. It happened the day after I installed my steering coupler so I'm thinking the code may have to do with the steering angle sensor. How could I have triggered this? Anyone deal with the sensor before?

Quote Originally Posted by NickZHP View Post
    Anyone know if the dealership will read fault codes for free?
    Used code readers are cheaper than the dealer. Check out the Misc. classifieds on e46fanatics.com. Or, get one of those bluetooth readers that go with the app on your smart phone like Torque.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have a few BMW scanner 1.4 if you are interested. Cost is 25 shipped to forum members. Along with that is support by me . Quite the perfect tool and amazing price for a lot in a small package.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

I'm shopping for a ZHP. I'm still very confused about the Xenon option that some cars came with. All ZHPs have projector headlights. I'm guessing base ZHP models came with halogen bulbs, and the Xenon option added HID? Or are they all HID and the "Xenon" option adds Bi-Xenon? Could someone please clarify this for me. How can I tell if the car is equipped with the Xenon option, or Bi-Xenon?

Also, what is the easiest way to check what options the car came with, is there a way to search the VIN, and would that provide that information?

Quote Originally Posted by yuri View Post
    I'm shopping for a ZHP. I'm still very confused about the Xenon option that some cars came with. All ZHPs have projector headlights. I'm guessing base ZHP models came with halogen bulbs, and the Xenon option added HID? Or are they all HID and the "Xenon" option adds Bi-Xenon? Could someone please clarify this for me. How can I tell if the car is equipped with the Xenon option, or Bi-Xenon?

Also, what is the easiest way to check what options the car came with, is there a way to search the VIN, and would that provide that information?
    There are VIN decoders on thee net to help you find the options.

As for lighting...I fancy myself an expert on the e46 options, and all e46s produced after the 2001 model year came with either Halogens or Bi-xenon Projectors. Your choices are Bosch and AL for Halogen lighting or AL and ZKW for Bi-xenon lighting.

Most ZHP coupes came with bi-xenon lighting, however we do have an example of one with Halogens. Sedans are known to suffer from burnt bowls if they came equipped with ZKWs. There is a thread about them. I think you'll find plenty of further info about these topics on other pages here on our board.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post

As for lighting...I fancy myself an expert on the e46 options, and all e46s produced after the 2001 model year came with either Halogens or Bi-xenon Projectors. Your choices are Bosch and AL for Halogen lighting or AL and ZKW for Bi-xenon lighting.

Most ZHP coupes came with bi-xenon lighting, however we do have an example of one with Halogens. Sedans are known to suffer from burnt bowls if they came equipped with ZKWs. There is a thread about them. I think you'll find plenty of further info about these topics on other pages here on our board.

Sent from my GS3.
    +1 try http://www.bmwvin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post

Sent from my GS3.
    Thank you for your detailed response, very much appreciated.

I'm still shopping for a ZHP. Should I put a priority on the Bi-Xenon option? What is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Thank you for that link!

I'm still shopping for a ZHP. Should I put a priority on the Bi-Xenon option? What is your opinion?

Thank you for that link!
    I would look into the bi-xenon option because the light output is tremendous compared to Halogens. However if they are ZKWs you will need to repair them. Honestly, the best option comes from q fellow on here by the name Clemsone46. He repairs the bowls for the projectors. It's a great service.

Make a thread that chronicles your search so we can better help you out as an individual.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Thank you for that link!
    If it has xenon lights, its bixenon. There are no single xenon ZHPs.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    In the market for an E90 M3

Hey fellas, D4 ATF or 75wXX MTL for my transmission? Looking for best synchro performance.

Also, how many quarts do I need?

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 50 of 823 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast