Page 51 of 687 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 6866

Thread: The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

  1. #501
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I would look into the bi-xenon option because the light output is tremendous compared to Halogens. However if they are ZKWs you will need to repair them. Honestly, the best option comes from q fellow on here by the name Clemsone46. He repairs the bowls for the projectors. It's a great service.

    Make a thread that chronicles your search so we can better help you out as an individual.

    Sent from my GS3.
    I'm in love with this forum

    Also, can't I just install an HID kit in place of the halogen? Are the projectors the same as the bi-xenon? I'm guessing it's just missing the ballast and the switch for high-beam.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by yuri View Post
    I'm in love with this forum

    Also, can't I just install an HID kit in place of the halogen? Are the projectors the same as the bi-xenon? I'm guessing it's just missing the ballast and the switch for high-beam.
    Halogen uses reflectors not projectors. You can't install HID into reflectors unless you retrofit projectors.

    "Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    2003 Oxford Green ZSP 5MT 330i
    "I thought you were the car whisperer, Dario." -johnrando

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Hey fellas, D4 ATF or 75wXX MTL for my transmission? Looking for best synchro performance.

    Also, how many quarts do I need?

    "Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    So this doesn't get buried. Anyone know or have recommendations?

    "Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    2003 Oxford Green ZSP 5MT 330i
    "I thought you were the car whisperer, Dario." -johnrando

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by yuri View Post
    I'm in love with this forum

    Also, can't I just install an HID kit in place of the halogen? Are the projectors the same as the bi-xenon? I'm guessing it's just missing the ballast and the switch for high-beam.
    Yea you can. I looked into it on my zhp. You can get a decent pair as low as $150.

    My previous e46 had xenon. Difference is fairly significant, but since I do so little night driving it doesn't bother me.

    I'll be doing a headlight refresh soon, staying with halogens. New bulbs, lenses, and clear corners. All in it's about $150-200 I think. The lenses are the most expensive part.


    2005 330 ZHP Imola Red - 1995 NA Miata
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM


  5. #505
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Yea you can. I looked into it on my zhp. You can get a decent pair as low as $150.

    My previous e46 had xenon. Difference is fairly significant, but since I do so little night driving it doesn't bother me.

    I'll be doing a headlight refresh soon, staying with halogens. New bulbs, lenses, and clear corners. All in it's about $150-200 I think. The lenses are the most expensive part.
    Pricing doesn't seem so bad on set of ZXW-R lenses: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.U2vkH61dWJA
    I think all you need is lenses and ballasts for a nice setup that will probably beat the stock bi-xenons.
    I learned a lot today. Thanks again for your help.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lincoln,NE
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Hey fellas, D4 ATF or 75wXX MTL for my transmission? Looking for best synchro performance.

    Also, how many quarts do I need?

    "Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    I recommend Redline MTL. 2 quarts should suffice. Fill the gearbox and once it spills out wait until the excess starts dripping rather than acting as a stream. That way it isn't over full


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,884
    Tranny capacity is ~2qts i believe. I run 1qt ATF 1qt MTL and it's a great compromise for the climate up here. No issues with synchros.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alex '03 Imolarot BMW 330i ZHP - 6MT


    Drivetrain: 3.46 Diff | Borla Catback | Gruppe M CAI | CDV Delete | 330d SSK
    Exterior: Black Kidneys | Front License Delete | Orion V2 Coronas | OEM Clears
    Interior: Parrot BT | OEM Aux | OEM Homelink | OEM Alarm | LED Interior | Clutch Stop | Euro 4.0 LCM

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Tranny capacity is ~2qts i believe. I run 1qt ATF 1qt MTL and it's a great compromise for the climate up here. No issues with synchros.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
    I recommend Redline MTL. 2 quarts should suffice. Fill the gearbox and once it spills out wait until the excess starts dripping rather than acting as a stream. That way it isn't over full


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I'll go with full MTL since it doesn't get too cold here. What's he best weight? 75w80/85/90?

    "Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    2003 Oxford Green ZSP 5MT 330i
    "I thought you were the car whisperer, Dario." -johnrando

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,884
    Depends on the tranny. I don't remember exactly but I think if you have a green sticker it's straight MTL and if it's yellow it's 75-90 gear oil (for redline fluids at least)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alex '03 Imolarot BMW 330i ZHP - 6MT


    Drivetrain: 3.46 Diff | Borla Catback | Gruppe M CAI | CDV Delete | 330d SSK
    Exterior: Black Kidneys | Front License Delete | Orion V2 Coronas | OEM Clears
    Interior: Parrot BT | OEM Aux | OEM Homelink | OEM Alarm | LED Interior | Clutch Stop | Euro 4.0 LCM

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lincoln,NE
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Thanks. I'll go with full MTL since it doesn't get too cold here. What's he best weight? 75w80/85/90?

    "Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    I have 75W-80. I have had it since March and it got down to the lower thirties and I didn't have any problems. it's good stuff


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Page 51 of 687 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Random Picture Thread
    By tripod06 in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 1112
    Last Post: 09-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •