Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 527 of 823 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 8230
    I did it on my sister's 330Xi without lifting it.

I'm trying to identify a noise, and any help would be appreciated. 2005 330Ci coupe. I only hear it when the car is just beginning to accelerate, and it disappears after the car has warmed up a bit. It sounds to me like it is coming from behind the center of the dash. If any of you are old enough to remember what the old speedometer cables sounded like, that's the sound. It seems to be related to throttle or vacuum. I can give the car light throttle, and I hear a swishing noise like two metal disks lightly rubbing swish......swish......swish......swish......swish and then if I let off the accelerator, it can actually speed up swish..swish..swish..swish, and after a couple of seconds, it's gone and not heard from again. I also noticed that if I banked the car hard into a turn, I could sometimes induce a little swish..swish..swish, and then it would go away.

I had a few ideas -- CD in radio. Nope. Replaced the NAV unit, still there. Final stage resistor? Fan still seems to blow fine, but I do have one ready to go in.
    Automatic climate control module fan? Bad passenger side front wheel bearing?

What do you guys think?

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

My first thought was the heater fan as they are notorious for making noise but that's more of a chirping noise at low fan speed and would not change with throttle input. Final stage resistor would either kill the fan or make it run erratic.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

If anyone comes across a good deal on a battery that will fit our car, please let me know . I wanna try and purchase one on sale before I urgently need one (and therefore not having the time to wait for a deal) thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

For anyone that has removed their alternator to swap alternator pulleys, did you bother removing the power connection on the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    For anyone that has removed their alternator to swap alternator pulleys, did you bother removing the power connection on the rear?
    The positive connector? Yeah. I took the whole thing out of the car so I could shove a screwdriver in it to hold the vanes in place.

I'm kind of a redneck tho.

Can anyone point me to our Monroney sticker thread?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    so i'm looking to replace both the main accessory and A/C tensioners as well as idler pulley. my question is what is the right part number for the A/C tensioner? do our ZHPs have 4 or 5 rib belts? any help would be appreciated!

edit: NVM, i think i found it. it's part 11287512758

next question: has anyone replaced the A/C tensioner and belt without lifting the car? i watched a YT DIY video and he has the car jacked up, but i am wanting to know if i can complete the job entirely from the top side. thanks!
    Top side is fine. The tensioner for the A/C is easier to get to underneath, but it isn't hard from the top.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    If anyone comes across a good deal on a battery that will fit our car, please let me know . I wanna try and purchase one on sale before I urgently need one (and therefore not having the time to wait for a deal) thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Some guys have reported success with this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...ze-H8/16782659.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Page 527 of 823 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast