Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 532 of 823 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    If you talk shit about his products in the mirror three times, he'll magically appear behind you and shove his opinion down your throat until you suffocate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I take it he's not one of your dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I just can't justify giving that fucker, Rob Levinson, any of my money. If I got back in a BMW, I would purchase Rogue products. Their short shifter is real crisp and direct.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Rogue isn't that much better either. I had plenty of problems with their shifter and it took forever for them to fix it. It's such a PIA to redo the install multiple times that I was like screw it, go with Autosolutions where I got way better service.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Rogue isn't that much better either. I had plenty of problems with their shifter and it took forever for them to fix it. It's such a PIA to redo the install multiple times that I was like screw it, go with Autosolutions where I got way better service.
    Let me clarify Rogue Engineering's short shifter kit. I bought mine back in February of 2017 after I realized how much slop was in my stock ZHP shifter at 135k.

Kit was $265 out the door and I was very excited to get it on the car. The difference between this kit and the others, is this kit uses a different shift lever AND replacement carrier. Most kits only have the lever which is fairly easy to install, and doesn't require you to get out unless you drop the bitch clip (fuck you bitch clip)

Went to Justin's to install, was below freezing and super windy. 5 minutes in we realized we would have to get under the car to install then new carrier. (Fuck this we'll do it next time - You see a pattern here with my car?)

Next time rolls around and we jack the car up, get everything out but can't get the old carrier out. It's the weekend so I cant call Rogue for tips. I have to button everything back up and try again.

Rogue was very helpful, they told me that it was possible to remove the old carrier without dropping the drive shaft, but dropping the shaft makes it much easier.

I ended up taking the kit to my mechanic (Sarven at Eurowerks) and he installed the new shifter, and replaced my driveshaft guibos since they were old and the driveshaft was already off.

So the Rogue SSK - Expensive and a huge headache to install. Not fun at all.

So how does the SSK feel? It's amazing. almost all of my slop was completely gone (I think its natural to have a tiny bit, I've never been in an e46 without some slop) - Shifts are super juicy. The throws are shorter than stock but this kit doesn't overdo it. I liked the UUC kit, but the shifts felt really tight and the throws felt tiny. Rogue gives really great feel, and what I imagine the car should have been from the factory. I remember sitting in Dane's car at the Ohio meet and playing with the shifter (his is stock) - It felt like I was shifting a yard stick compared to mine.

Besides the rip your dick off install of the Rogue kit, I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a clean OEM feel.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Any shifter that requires the removal of the carrier sucks. It was about the same experience installing my UUC shifter without removing the exhaust or drive shaft. One of the front clips that holds the carrier was seized. It took many hours and a lot of swearing to get damn thing out but the end result was well worth it.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Any shifter that requires the removal of the carrier sucks.
    Agreed. Easiest to do with the driveshaft and exhaust off.

My RTD shifter eliminates the shift carrier completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I’m working on my coolant temp sensor replace, which requires removal of the intake manifold.

While I’m in there, I’m doing a bunch of other stuff.

The crank position sensor is in there, but I’ve seen a few people reference that they can change it from under the car. If that’s the case, I’ll skip it for now as there’s no problem with mine.

Has anybody changed that sensor from under the car? It’s near the starter.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

For those of you with summer tires (PSS specifically), do your tires bring a shitload of debris into your garage? The ZHP’s side of the garage looks like I spilled a bunch of cat litter, meanwhile the other car’s side is basically spotless.

Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    For those of you with summer tires (PSS specifically), do your tires bring a shitload of debris into your garage? The ZHP’s side of the garage looks like I spilled a bunch of cat litter, meanwhile the other car’s side is basically spotless.

Looks like that every time I drop the belly pan

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Looks like that every time I drop the belly pan
    +1

Seems like any time I do maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My Dunlops made a mess in the garage
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 532 of 823 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast