Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 550 of 823 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    FCP has a Meyle/Akebono kit. Has anyone heard anything about Meyle rotors?
    With all of the rotor choices available & the continued decrease in Meyle parts quality I would choose something else.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

The Centric made by StopTech are a good rotor for the money, imo.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    The Centric made by StopTech are a good rotor for the money, imo.
    Link?

I'm seeing not so positive experiences with the akebono ceramic pads, so that might be off the table too.

I had akebono ceramic pads on my e90 and was very happy with them. My main goal was to reduce or eliminate the brake dust, which they do. I don't track the car and my driving style is non-aggressive, BTW.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

While I can't speak to Akebono, I can say that I do not recommend Hawk "Performance" Ceramic brake pads. I've had two sets in the time I've owned my car (once voluntary, the second time involuntarily) and for both of those time periods, I've had the same issue. The pads don't have very good bite/feel to them, and occasionally when it's raining out and you've been driving on the highway for a while without touching the brakes, there can be a very unnerving vague feeling after pushing the pedal down, giving you that "oh shit, I have no brakes" feeling until they dry off. It only takes one application of the brakes to dry them, but it also only takes one application of the brakes to realize you don't have the braking you expected and rear-end someone.

Otherwise, they're fine when it's dry, but the lack of overall feel is a bit disappointing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

That seems to be similar to some of the comments on the Akebono ceramics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    The matte maintenance is definitely something I worry about, and I’m also going to be painting my mirrors to gloss(bc for some reason they weren’t even painted TiAg). I just feel like the gloss would match the shine of the paint, and would look gorgeous when it’s all cleaned up
    Do you have a DIY for this? To avoid intense orange peel?

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    While I can't speak to Akebono, I can say that I do not recommend Hawk "Performance" Ceramic brake pads. I've had two sets in the time I've owned my car (once voluntary, the second time involuntarily) and for both of those time periods, I've had the same issue. The pads don't have very good bite/feel to them, and occasionally when it's raining out and you've been driving on the highway for a while without touching the brakes, there can be a very unnerving vague feeling after pushing the pedal down, giving you that "oh shit, I have no brakes" feeling until they dry off. It only takes one application of the brakes to dry them, but it also only takes one application of the brakes to realize you don't have the braking you expected and rear-end someone.

Otherwise, they're fine when it's dry, but the lack of overall feel is a bit disappointing.
    My exact experience with my current brake pads, which I believe are Akebono.

I had no experience in the rain, but I had akebonos and they had fade really easy. My driving habit is aggressive but it was low speed canyon driving. I was disappointed, it wasn't worth it for the lack of brake dust.

if akebonos fade easily, would running drilled rotors help to reduce the fade?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 550 of 823 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast