Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 557 of 823 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog84 View Post
    Ahh my apologies. I mean, how bad are repercussions you receive while driving... as in, if you hit a big bump/pothole, how much feedback do you receive in the driver’s seat... Worse, or better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should be improved with lighter wheels/tires. Lets the suspension work with less momentum from the weight.

Ahh my apologies. I mean, how bad are repercussions you receive while driving... as in, if you hit a big bump/pothole, how much feedback do you receive in the driver’s seat... Worse, or better?

Pretty much what pizza said. Lighter wheels are easier to keep planted, and I also went with 17's which are a slightly softer ride overall.

I wouldn't ever go back to stock ZHP wheels.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Curious, in your experience, if since the Apex wheelset would be lighter, if the “crashiness” of the ride feel over uneven surfaces and bumps would increase, in comparison to the 135’s?

That’s one of my main hangups with upgrading... i’m still running stock suspension, fwiw.

Apex’s might be worth looking into down the road... but i also appreciate keeping the ZHP as close to “stock” looking as possible.

If you're on stock suspension with anything above 50k miles, a suspension refresh will help a lot with that "crashiness" feeling. I noticed it in my worn shocks, especially on low speed bumps that should not cause the suspension that much trouble. Definitely improved with a suspension refresh. Here's what I did to get an "OEM+" feeling in my suspension:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years

Also, I switched to 17" APEXes. I had the dual benefit of reducing unsprung weight from the wheel which should improve ride comfort some regardless, and then I also effectively increased the sidewall of the tire, which should provide some sort of ride comfort improvement as well.

damn guys, I'm getting really frustrated in my research. I finally told E46F about my 6-speed swap and am slowly getting parts together when I can. What fluid should I put in it? I hear D4 ATF, Redline MTL, and Pentosin MTF-2. I somehow ordered MT90 back when I was first getting parts. I live in a warm climate, around SF, so cold weather is low concern. Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    damn guys, I'm getting really frustrated in my research. I finally told E46F about my 6-speed swap and am slowly getting parts together when I can. What fluid should I put in it? I hear D4 ATF, Redline MTL, and Pentosin MTF-2. I somehow ordered MT90 back when I was first getting parts. I live in a warm climate, around SF, so cold weather is low concern. Any help would be appreciated!
    Redline D4 ATF my dude
    Recommend by Redline and most everyone here

Thanks! Guess I'll use the MT90 as fire starter or something :P

Still getting some midrange throttle surge after the Vanos seals were replaced. What’s the next thing to check? ICV? O2s?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Are you sure you're not feeling the transition of the DISA valve opening? I firmly believe this is what's causing it. There is going to be a disruption of flow through the manifold for a split second as the DISA opens and the manifold volume changes... This is why it goes away when folks disconnect the DISA from the system...
    My dyno run before the supercharger clearly shows the transition and it's gone in the subsequent runs after the supercharger install which replaces the stock manifold/DISA setup... granted, there is a tune involved but after research by Ryan and other tuners, they are hardly changing anything in the DME
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I suppose it could be? It’s happening where I carry a gear through a corner and try getting on the throttle as I’m tracking out. Seems to really only affect 3rd and 4th.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I suppose it could be? It’s happening where I carry a gear through a corner and try getting on the throttle as I’m tracking out. Seems to really only affect 3rd and 4th.
    How was the track day btw?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 557 of 823 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast