Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 567 of 823 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 8230
    [QUOTE=JohnnyGraphic;558694]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post

I’ve already gone through 2 MityVacs. I’m not too impressed. They leak after a short time and the way the rubber plug is designed, makes it difficult to drain the oil into another container to take to the auto parts store for recycling. They are a waste of money.

The EWK unit I bought is much better. Better design and user interface. Easier to use and dispose of the oil.
    This one?

EWK Pneumatic / Manual 6.5 Liter Oil Changer Vacuum Fluid Extractor Pump Tank Remover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD64H8Z..._nANZAb1DVAMBG

ECS Tuning offers a 6.5 liter Schwaben unit for a bit more than the EWK. Looks like Griot's rebrands it for an add'l $20:
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../011885sch01a/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

FWIW I followed amazon reviews of the EWK unit to West Marine, which apparently sells the same device but sells parts for it after the sale, which can be helpful as things wear/break (which they apparently do):
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...6-5l--11047123
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

I think I got the schwaban one too... It's the exact same unit I've seen on several sites but they had the cheapest price at the time. I use it on our boat....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Does anyone know why this happens??
    It happened on my E30 as well so it's not limited to just my ZHP...

Soaking wet (at the car wash) yet there's this unexplicable clear patch...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Does anyone know why this happens??
    It happened on my E30 as well so it's not limited to just my ZHP...

Soaking wet (at the car wash) yet there's this unexplicable clear patch...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Isn’t it rubber residue left behind from the wipers? I think that’s what I read/heard somewhere. Idk, I haven’t used my wipers since I discovered RainX like 12 years ago.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Isn’t it rubber residue left behind from the wipers?
    Is this a statement or a question? If it's indeed rubber residue, perhaps I need to scrub-a-dub-dub my windshield with some rubbing alcohol or something...

I haven’t used my wipers since I discovered RainX like 12 years ago.
    Great for highway, but not so much for around-town.

I relate it to when I still had glasses; the smallest particles of dirt on the lenses would drive me nuts! Around town isn't going fast enough to make those water beads slide down fast enough.

I got a surprising amount of life out of using a synthetic sealant like my Menzerna PowerLock on my windshield back when the car was actually detailed. It behaved just like RainX on the highway, but around town, it would stand up to the abuse of the wipers being on. It lasted months this way.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

If it's indeed rubber residue, perhaps I need to scrub-a-dub-dub my windshield with some rubbing alcohol or something...
    You can use a mild clay bar (along with soapy water or detailer spray) or 0000 steel or brass wool on your glass to remove contaminants.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Is this a statement or a question? If it's indeed rubber residue, perhaps I need to scrub-a-dub-dub my windshield with some rubbing alcohol or something...

Great for highway, but not so much for around-town.

I relate it to when I still had glasses; the smallest particles of dirt on the lenses would drive me nuts! Around town isn't going fast enough to make those water beads slide down fast enough.

I got a surprising amount of life out of using a synthetic sealant like my Menzerna PowerLock on my windshield back when the car was actually detailed. It behaved just like RainX on the highway, but around town, it would stand up to the abuse of the wipers being on. It lasted months this way.
    It was a question and a statement. What I meant was “I think that’s caused by rubber residue.” Sealants/RainX work well for me “around town” because I’m in the suburbs. I can easily achieve speeds capable of getting the beads moving. As John suggested, start with a clay, and proceed with something more aggressive as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    You can use a mild clay bar (along with soapy water or detailer spray) or 0000 steel or brass wool on your glass to remove contaminants.
    This. I’ve never been brave enough to use quad-aught steel wool, but I clay the glass twice a year.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I been using fine steel wool since the seventies... it's safe
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 567 of 823 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast