Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 570 of 823 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Are those the ones that position the wheel forward in the wheel well?
    Yes, a wee bit.

Yes. It’s only noticeable if you know to look for it and are facing the wheel perfectly.

I’ve had stock 18” wheels and 17”; no issues.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

I was thinking of replacing the OFHG, alternator pulley, and oil dipstick. The dipstick is in preparation for the CCV kit.

Does the alternator pulley usually go wrong? I'm a complete noob and don't want to venture into things that will get me stuck. But the alternator has to come off for the OFHG anyway, right?

Any tips for fool-proofing this? Tools needed?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I was thinking of replacing the OFHG, alternator pulley, and oil dipstick. The dipstick is in preparation for the CCV kit.

Does the alternator pulley usually go wrong? I'm a complete noob and don't want to venture into things that will get me stuck. But the alternator has to come off for the OFHG anyway, right?

Any tips for fool-proofing this? Tools needed?
    Alternator doesn't need to come out for the OFHG no. You can replace the pulley, stock is plastic but it doesn't tend to break. Unless your me and hit it with a rubber mallet trying to put in a new expansion tank and then yes you would need to replace it.

If you feel like replacing that pulley, you might as well install power pulleys if you don't have them. Best power mod I did to the ZHP, you really notice a difference.

Get rogue pulleys, they are the original. All other pulleys are copies of the rogue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Yeah, I have the rogue pulleys on. I'll have to check if I have the right alternator pulley. I thought people were having issues with the replacement.
    Last edited by holyc0w; 04-24-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Today my coolant temp gauge was doing weird things. I turned on the on board digital read out in the test menu.

It would jump from 60 to 90 degree C or visa versa in about 1-2 seconds.

My thermostat is only 4 years old, and this behavior is not what I experienced when it got stuck open and would just stay too cold.

I’ve been having P0118 temp sensor error codes (this is the sensor under the intake manifold, not the fan switch in the lower rad hose).

I want to know if this problem I had today was just more symptoms of that sensor failing, or if this is related to the thermostat.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    I want to know if this problem I had today was just more symptoms of that sensor failing, or if this is related to the thermostat.
    Strong evidence pointing to a failing sensor. The thermostat would affect the actual operation of the car. The sensor would affect the operation of the gauge/OBD readings.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Alternator doesn't need to come out for the OFHG no. You can replace the pulley, stock is plastic but it doesn't tend to break. Unless your me and hit it with a rubber mallet trying to put in a new expansion tank and then yes you would need to replace it.

If you feel like replacing that pulley, you might as well install power pulleys if you don't have them. Best power mod I did to the ZHP, you really notice a difference.
    ? I watched some DIY videos and the alternator is coming out in each video. Alternator pulley seems to be steel.

I need to restore the clip at the front of my passenger kick panel-
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_4312
    Name:  Screenshot-2018-4-25 RealOEM com - Online BMW Parts Catalog.png
Views: 208
Size:  49.3 KB
    I would like to order both the body-side and panel-side part for the frontmost attachment point.
    Can someone tell me which parts I should order? Many thanks...
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    ? I watched some DIY videos and the alternator is coming out in each video. Alternator pulley seems to be steel.
    My mistake, I was talking about the power steering pulley not the alternator pulley.

I did my OFHG without removing the alternator. Did mine and Justin's old 330i at the same time. It's not hard, just a lot of removing different pieces to get to the gasket.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 570 of 823 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620670 ... LastLast