Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 575 of 823 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I agree with this as well.
    Yeah.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    The 135i sensor is different, so I was going to remove them completely —but— I wasn’t sure if the plastic housing where the wires snap together was water-tight enough to leave one end disconnected...

For right now, one is zip-tied to the strut, and the other is zip-tied to the trailing arm.
    The fronts are the same as E46... I used my E46 sensors with my Performance set when I had them.
    I did the same thing though; I just zip tied 'em to something and never worried about it again.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The fronts are the same as E46... I used my E46 sensors with my Performance set when I had them.
    I did the same thing though; I just zip tied 'em to something and never worried about it again.
    Should’ve specified: fronts are the same but won’t sit in the EBC pads for shit. Rears are different. Either way, like Peter said, I have the wheels off enough to check’em myself lol.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

When dropping the exhaust to do a shifter rebuild, do you need to replace any gaskets and such?

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    When dropping the exhaust to do a shifter rebuild, do you need to replace any gaskets and such?
    Yea. But they’re only like $3/ea.? I might have an extra pair if you get in a bind.

I think I still have a pair of your delrin shifter bushings.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Only if you unbolt it from the manifolds... there are two gasket you need in that case
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    it's a good idea to replace the shifter selector rod gasket... they like to leak.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I haven't been driving a lot lately. Weather just got warm and dryer. As of this afternoon, my steering feels significantly stiffer. Also, after turning, the wheel doesn't automatically return to center if I release my hands from it (to straighten out, not that I drive like that, of course) -- rather, I have to turn the wheel back to it's center.

I haven't checked the fluid. Hopefully it's just low fluid, maybe? What kind of fluid is best to refill with? I don't seem to have the records for what's in there right now.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mynamenumber View Post
    I haven't been driving a lot lately. Weather just got warm and dryer. As of this afternoon, my steering feels significantly stiffer. Also, after turning, the wheel doesn't automatically return to center if I release my hands from it (to straighten out, not that I drive like that, of course) -- rather, I have to turn the wheel back to it's center.

I haven't checked the fluid. Hopefully it's just low fluid, maybe? What kind of fluid is best to refill with? I don't seem to have the records for what's in there right now.

Thanks!
    Redline D4 ATF is what I used (same as I put in the 6MT).

Thanks, 704sw.

Update with more detail:

-- I checked the ATF fluid and it was around the middle of the two markers. Adding a little raised the level fairly high, so I didn't add any additional.

-- There was dirty fluid around the cap and the sides of the canister.

-- Fluid inside does appear to be the 'right stuff,' in that it's bright red.

-- The steering is not consistently stiff. When driving, after a turn, the center position feels very hard to move out of, in either direction. however, once I do start a turn, it gets a bit easier, but then further into the turn, a bit harder again. The result is a weird lumpy feeling in the steering where a full spin of the wheel goes stiff-normal-stiff-normal.

Any thoughts? Is this more likely to be the pump? Anything else I can check? Thanks again!

Page 575 of 823 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast