Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 576 of 823 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by mynamenumber View Post
    Thanks, 704sw.

Update with more detail:

-- I checked the ATF fluid and it was around the middle of the two markers. Adding a little raised the level fairly high, so I didn't add any additional.

-- There was dirty fluid around the cap and the sides of the canister.

-- Fluid inside does appear to be the 'right stuff,' in that it's bright red.

-- The steering is not consistently stiff. When driving, after a turn, the center position feels very hard to move out of, in either direction. however, once I do start a turn, it gets a bit easier, but then further into the turn, a bit harder again. The result is a weird lumpy feeling in the steering where a full spin of the wheel goes stiff-normal-stiff-normal.

Any thoughts? Is this more likely to be the pump? Anything else I can check? Thanks again!
    weird. i would raise the front of the car (wheels off the ground) and then start the car, and turn the steering wheel lock to lock and see how it feels.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

It also sounds like possibly an alignment issue if your car no longer returns to center when turns i.e. minimal toe in, but I really don't know, since that wouldn't affect your other symptoms.

Will a rain tray cover for an M3 fit a ZHP?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Will a rain tray cover for an M3 fit a ZHP?
    The windshield cowl? If so, yes, the P/N is identical for coupe/vert E46, incl M3. Ref: 51718232894

Ugh. SES popped on this week. Pulled the codes p0440 and p0461. Fuel sending unit/pump? (The pump is only 1-2 years old.)
    It runs a bit rough at low rpm off a start but fine when driving it.

Thanks, 704sw.

Update with more detail:

-- I checked the ATF fluid and it was around the middle of the two markers. Adding a little raised the level fairly high, so I didn't add any additional.

-- The steering is not consistently stiff. When driving, after a turn, the center position feels very hard to move out of, in either direction. however, once I do start a turn, it gets a bit easier, but then further into the turn, a bit harder again. The result is a weird lumpy feeling in the steering where a full spin of the wheel goes stiff-normal-stiff-normal.

Any thoughts? Is this more likely to be the pump? Anything else I can check? Thanks again!
    Sounds like your power steering fluid pump is failing. I had a leaky steering hose which drained the reservoir while driving. Without fluid my steering wheels would shake violently when turning, a more aggressive version of your symptoms.

I had the hose replaced along with the power steering pump. Mechanic said when you run the pump with no fluid it damages the pump. If I didn't replace it, chances are I would have to shortly after.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Ugh. SES popped on this week. Pulled the codes p0440 and p0461. Fuel sending unit/pump? (The pump is only 1-2 years old.)
    It runs a bit rough at low rpm off a start but fine when driving it.
    Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the pump?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Thanks, 704sw.

Update with more detail:

Replacing the tie rods significantly reduced the effort to turn the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Does anyone know if they make exhaust hangers for the mid-bracket with longer studs? Maybe for a different BMW model? (#10 in the below screenshot) If not I might have to get creative.

Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

You're having the same problem I'm having with the magnaflow exhaust, eh?
    I'd like to find some Solid rubber blocks to take the place of those and see how they do...
    It's a shame that magnaflow took a "close enough" approach on that exhaust system. All they had to do is bend enough for another 1/2" of clearance in that area and it would of been good. It's very annoying
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 576 of 823 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast