Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 599 of 823 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Not sure on this, but could inadequate compression in the cylinders cause power loss? I know it is a common issue on these M54 motors.
    No, for the most part. Low compression is usually limited to one particular cylinder. Compressor is needed for the ignition to fire causing the power stroke. Without compression it will not fire. This can be referred to as a dead hole and will make the engine run rough because, it’s out of sequence with the other cylinders and not producing equal power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Thanks everyone for your input. He's decided to do spark plugs for the time being, and then I think we'll go with DISA next, and then VANOS.

Also, does anyone here have any interest on doing an MS43 swap for the tuning? I'm surprised the mafia isn't jumping on this. My buddy and I just swapped an E85 to MS43, and we've flashed the thing with a good 20 tunes, each better than the last. It's just addicting.

Did anyone ever have the thermostat on their zhp leak coolant? Mine seems to be. The thermostat seems to be maintaining the correct operating temps but the coolant seems to be leaking...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Did anyone ever have the thermostat on their zhp leak coolant? Mine seems to be. The thermostat seems to be maintaining the correct operating temps but the coolant seems to be leaking...

I think this is a common issue, the gasket gets old and starts leaking coolant from below. It's usually more difficult to locate because of the path the coolant takes.

Might as well do the rest of the system while your there if its the same age. If you were in MD I'd give you a hand since I've done this more times that I ever wanted to lmao
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I think this is a common issue, the gasket gets old and starts leaking coolant from below. It's usually more difficult to locate because of the path the coolant takes.

Might as well do the rest of the system while your there if its the same age. If you were in MD I'd give you a hand since I've done this more times that I ever wanted to lmao
    Thanks Rob.

The thermostat was replaced by the PO 90k miles earlier so I guess it was time. I replaced the exp tank, hoses, temp sensor and the water pump 70k miles/ 3.5 years ago so I think (hope) I’m good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Thanks Rob.

The thermostat was replaced by the PO 90k miles earlier so I guess it was time. I replaced the exp tank, hoses, temp sensor and the water pump 70k miles/ 3.5 years ago so I think (hope) I’m good.

90k miles on a thermostat is crazy!

If it were my car I would just replace the water pump and expansion tank while I was in there for peace of mind. You're still probably good for a little while but you never know when something like that will fail and then you're stuck on the side of the road which is no bueno. Hoses should be fine and even if they start to leak it will be small and not catastrophic.
    ~Rob~

If it were my car I would just replace the water pump and expansion tank while I was in there for peace of mind. You're still probably good for a little while but you never know when something like that will fail and then you're stuck on the side of the road which is no bueno. Hoses should be fine and even if they start to leak it will be small and not catastrophic.
    The thermostat leak also seems to be a small one. I’ll order a replacement thermostat and gasket today and keep driving the zhp to work with an eye on the temp needle. I think I might replace the water pump and the exp tank when I store the car in winter. I don’t have a garage now so I’ll just resort to replacing what is required. Hopefully my apartment don’t make big deal out of it.

It's totally fine. My cooling system refreshes are typically way more than 90k. lol
    Time may be the real issue here, but I guess the 30k + /year helps with that.

The radiator also has plastic on it - something to keep an eye on.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It's totally fine. My cooling system refreshes are typically way more than 90k. lol
    Time may be the real issue here, but I guess the 30k + /year helps with that.

The radiator also has plastic on it - something to keep an eye on.
    My OE radiator made it over 13 years

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ~Rob~

My OE radiator made it over 13 years

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't think radiator failures are all that common. I just recall a guy with an E46 325i pulled over on the highway. I stopped to try to help him out and found that his radiator had a pinhole leak in it that was emptying out his coolant. It was quite strange, and haven't heard of that happening elsewhere. He had tried to botch repair it with some putty stuff in the past but that obviously didn't work!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 599 of 823 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast