Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 611 of 823 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661711 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    General module 5 - https://www.bmwgm5.com/
    Thanks John. My locks work from the key fob though, and not intermittently. They work perfectly since I got the new key. It is the interior lock button and hazard switch in the center console and my mirrors that are acting up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    All depends on how far you want to take it.

I did gasket, engine mounts, steering coupler, oil level sensor. The oil pan nut was tight so I did not do anything with it.

You can get a different oil pump, weld in an oil pan baffle, and etc.
    My mounts and coupler have been replaced since I bought it. I was thinking about the oil pump nut with the wire through it, but I guess I can make that assessment when I get in there? I should order one just in case since I need to order a lower o-ring for the dip stick tube anyway.

The pump and baffle—I honestly think that’s above my skill set, and I’m not sure I have a firm understanding of the benefits. I’m still immersing myself into all of this.

As for the oil level sensor, it is relatively accessible without taking too much apart, right?

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    You should talk to Rob. He started off with replacing the oil pan gasket (I think) and ended with a supercharger and headers lol

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t
    Oh boy, now I have some reading material for my lunch hour.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by JETSET303 View Post
    Thanks John. My locks work from the key fob though, and not intermittently. They work perfectly since I got the new key. It is the interior lock button and hazard switch in the center console and my mirrors that are acting up.

Paging @ZHPizza . Wasn’t there a similar problem with the red car when we went to look at it?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    My mounts and coupler have been replaced since I bought it. I was thinking about the oil pump nut with the wire through it, but I guess I can make that assessment when I get in there? I should order one just in case since I need to order a lower o-ring for the dip stick tube anyway.

The pump and baffle—I honestly think that’s above my skill set, and I’m not sure I have a firm understanding of the benefits. I’m still immersing myself into all of this.

As for the oil level sensor, it is relatively accessible without taking too much apart, right?

I haven’t replaced my oil level sensor but from what I’ve read it’s quite easy to do. Most people do it when replacing the engine oil. I think it’s held in place by a couple of screws. Not sure if Vas has done it but I remember William doing it and saying it’s quite easy.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by JETSET303 View Post

Like Spenser said, I've had this problem with the center console switch on several cars. Did it start acting up the same time as the mirrors? If so, then they may be related, but the console switch is notorious for breaking. Pull the console and pop the switch out and see if it works when you press on the bottom of the switch. They tend to break off the tabs that hold them together, so the bottom pushes out and doesn't engage the switch anymore:

I usually fix them bu wrapping a piece of non-stretching tape (packing tape) over the bottom and up the sides. The tape fix has lasted me years without issue.

I haven’t replaced my oil level sensor but from what I’ve read it’s quite easy to do. Most people do it when replacing the engine oil. I think it’s held in place by a couple of screws. Not sure if Vas has done it but I remember William doing it and saying it’s quite easy.

Super easy while you have the pan empty during an oil change. I think you have to pull the aluminum underbody brace off, but it's just three screws holding the sensor in.

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

I noticed the console switches at the same time the mirrors started acting up. Could be coincidence. Thanks for the advice. I will start there.

Is simple green a good solvent to clean the engine bay? Anything better?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I like it - it can be diluted more/less depending on the job. Meguiar's All-purpose cleaner or Super degreaser are a bit less harsh & won't do any damage/leave white residue/deposits on the aluminum surfaces.
    https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?69-engine-Compartment-Detailing
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I like it - it can be diluted more/less depending on the job. All-purpose cleaners are a bit less harsh & won't do any damage to the aluminum surfaces.
    Meguiars All-purpose cleaner or Super degreaser.
    https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/fo...ment-Detailing
    Thanks John!

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post

If you are going to have the oil pan off, I'd recommend the baffle, if you are going to track your car. Just buy a baffle and take it and the oil pan to a machine shop or performance shop that does aluminum welding and they'll do the rest. that's what I did.
    As far as the oil pump goes, I replaced the whole thing with an Achilles oil pump. Not that difficult. it's just a couple of bolts that hold on the pump. I can give you some tips on replacing the oil pump if needed.
    I beat on my car since it had 44K on it and the oil pump nut was tight as hell but I had already bought the oil pump.

Oil level sensor is on the bottom of the oil pan. You have to take off the aluminum support brace to get it but it can be done with an oil change.

I use Purple Power.... used to be called Castrol Super Clean. Works great and is environmentally safe. Put in on undiluted and hose off. The only thing is if you have anything anodized under the hood, you don't want to leave it on there for a long time. After you're done, dress the engine bay with Silkonlene Pro Prep and your engine bay will look brand new.

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 611 of 823 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661711 ... LastLast