Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 621 of 823 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623631671721 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    Ok cool. Thx. Wish the dipstick had the max line the way others do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those notches are the min and max lines. It's easier to read that one than a regular car's because you don't have to look for a min and max line on the stick which may or may not be covered in oil.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Curious what others actually have on their alignment readout.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Curious what others actually have on their alignment readout.

What do you want to know about alignment settings? I have researched the heck out of this stuff recently and am appalled by BMW's recommended settings for these cars. So much toe in that it drives like a tractor.

mechanic once told me that toe in is for the purpose of road friction pushing toe back to zero when driving. But why not just have zero toe to begin with...?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    mechanic once told me that toe in is for the purpose of road friction pushing toe back to zero when driving. But why not just have zero toe to begin with...?
    He's right. The rubber RTABs and FCABs in these cars have some give, so they set the alignment with a lot of toe in at rest. When you're running 80mph, the rolling resistance pushes against those rubber bushings and makes the wheels want to toe out, but since he set them with static toe in, they end up tracking straight.

The toe in at low speeds just makes the car not want to turn and I can't stand it though.

My caster settings are negative on one side and positive on the other. I know almost nothing about caster. Was wondering what 'normal' would be and then what the Z4M ones that add caster would do.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    My caster settings are negative on one side and positive on the other. I know almost nothing about caster. Was wondering what 'normal' would be and then what the Z4M ones that add caster would do.

Caster is basically the angle that your strut is tilted back towards the driver and that must be a misprint because you can't have negative caster. It's about 5.0° and can't be adjusted on these cars. The Z4M FCABs push the wheel forward a bit in the well and therefore give you a little more caster, which improves turn in.

This is my latest printout from when I had Firestone shoot for -1.5° camber and use the BMW settings for toe. It plowed so hard into corners with all that toe in. I've since replaced the rubber bushings with monoballs so that toe has got to go.

There should really be a super alignment thread because this information is super useful!

What are you thoughts on my trunk? It's been this way since I purchased the car which makes me think it may have been hit. Could it just be some sort of misalignment that's easily fixable or is the trunk warped? The other side is completely flush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPMo; 10-20-2018 at 06:43 AM.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

These alignment posts are very informative - would be easier to find them in the Suspension section vs. 600+ pages of random stuff!
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...?99-Suspension
    Last edited by John in VA; 10-20-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Those notches are the min and max lines. It's easier to read that one than a regular car's because you don't have to look for a min and max line on the stick which may or may not be covered in oil.
    Yea it’s the easiest one to read!!

FWIW, I overfill both my miata and zhp by at least half a quart. Cuts down on lifter tick from track/autox.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 621 of 823 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623631671721 ... LastLast