Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 630 of 823 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Exactly! Thanks. No fix I suppose...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nope... I've been told it's electromagnetic intereference... I don't know how to fix it. I just deal with it... having LED bulbs is more important to me than having radio reception.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Nope... I've been told it's electromagnetic intereference... I don't know how to fix it. I just deal with it... having LED bulbs is more important to me than having radio reception.
    Especially if it’s only for a few seconds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

You'd have to shield the bulb's electronics in foil or electrostatic bags to block EMI... probably impossible to do if they are built into the base of the bulb
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    You'd have to shield the bulb's electronics in foil or electrostatic bags to block EMI... probably impossible to do if they are built into the base of the bulb
    It looks like all the electronics are above the base underneath the LEDs. Wish there was a transparent sleeve I could slip the bulb into befoire inserting into the tail light...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

In my car, the noise is only generated when I'm in reverse. This, to me, points less to the LED's per se than to something in the car's design.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

In my car, the noise is only generated when I'm in reverse. This, to me, points less to the LED's per se than to something in the car's design.

Well no... if your reverse lights are LED bulbs, then they are aftermarket LED bulbs because the stock bulbs aren't LED for reverse. Your brake lights and turn signals are factory LED, so they're designed properly. That is why you have the issue only when in reverse; those reverse LEDs aren't properly shielded.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Well no... if your reverse lights are LED bulbs, then they are aftermarket LED bulbs because the stock bulbs aren't LED for reverse. Your brake lights and turn signals are factory LED, so they're designed properly. That is why you have the issue only when in reverse; those reverse LEDs aren't properly shielded.
    I thought this was clear but I'll throw my support behind BP here because I've had it happen on other cars. Don't know that I've checked it on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I thought this was clear but I'll throw my support behind BP here because I've had it happen on other cars. Don't know that I've checked it on this car.

Yup. It happens in my buddy's E36. It also happened in my E30, though in that car they also hyperflashed. I also tried the E39 Touring with the same results.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Honest to god I have to stop posting here. Of course!

Honest to god I have to stop posting here. Of course!
    Negative... you can't learn if you don't ask questions or discuss problems!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 630 of 823 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632640680730 ... LastLast