Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 647 of 823 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Set it on hella cold and see if there is a difference between the temp of the left and right center vents. If not, then compare the driver and passenger side vents nearest the windows. When the refrigerant gets low, the passenger side vent stops cooling first and then it spreads to the passenger side of the center vent, and so on.
    You know, I think the passenger side vents are slightly warmer but its not much. I think I might do the valve and take it in for some fresh freon. The valve isn't too expensive

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPMo; 02-11-2019 at 05:23 PM.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    You know, I think the passenger side vents are slightly cooler but its not much. I think I might do the valve and take it in for some fresh freon. The valve isn't too expensive

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    ? The passenger side will be less cold if you've got it set on max a/c. I'm talking temperature set to 60, roller on the center vent set to full cold. It's gotta be reasonably warm out to test the a/c though.

I just listened to the video again and confirmed with all the comments underneath that it's the typical low refrigerant sound. You can top it off yourself with some r134a.

I just listened to the video again and confirmed with all the comments underneath that it's the typical low refrigerant sound. You can top it off yourself with some r134a.
    Though if it's low, you've probably got a leak and should get that looked at.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Though if it's low, you've probably got a leak and should get that looked at.
    hmm, could it be possible that the AC expansion valve is leaking? Also I'm pretty sure its the original refrigerant from 2004 so is a little bit of loss not expected?

? The passenger side will be less cold if you've got it set on max a/c. I'm talking temperature set to 60, roller on the center vent set to full cold. It's gotta be reasonably warm out to test the a/c though.

Yeah oops, I meant that my passenger side was slightly warmer but it was about 45-50 out so not the best test. Thanks. I think I will get a refrigerant flush soon because that noise is annoying.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

hmm, could it be possible that the AC expansion valve is leaking? Also I'm pretty sure its the original refrigerant from 2004 so is a little bit of loss not expected?

Dunno. Never had to do AC service on mine; all original on mine as well, 314k miles. I'm shocked. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Yeah oops, I meant that my passenger side was slightly warmer but it was about 45-50 out so not the best test. Thanks. I think I will get a refrigerant flush soon because that noise is annoying.
    Honestly, and a few people will flip the f out for me suggesting it, I'd throw in a can of this stop leak/dye and maybe one whole can of this r134a.

Interdynamics IDQ Automotive A/C... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CO9IBG...p_mob_ap_share

3 Cans R-134a DuPont Suva A/C... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WXBYYR4...p_mob_ap_share

This stuff isn't like your grandpa's stop-leak that was basically concrete made to plug pinhole leaks in radiators and shit. It's just a dye (to help you find the leaks) and a rubber conditioner (to help shrunken seals swell back up). I've now used it on four 10+ year old cars, including both of my e46's, with great results.

If it's a leak due to an old shrunken o-ring, then this will fix it. If it's a leak due to a hole in your evaporator, then this will help you find it.

When I replace my water pump and thermostat, what is the proper way to drain all of the current coolant? From the bottom of the radiator? Also, the vehicle currently has green coolant, and I will be replacing that with BOM coolant (blue?) from FCP Euro. How crucial is it that I get every drop of the old stuff out? If there's a little bit left will they mix and do something weird? Seems like I've read somewhere that if you mix different colors of coolant then they will gunk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan View Post
    When I replace my water pump and thermostat, what is the proper way to drain all of the current coolant? From the bottom of the radiator? Also, the vehicle currently has green coolant, and I will be replacing that with BOM coolant (blue?) from FCP Euro. How crucial is it that I get every drop of the old stuff out? If there's a little bit left will they mix and do something weird? Seems like I've read somewhere that if you mix different colors of coolant then they will gunk up.

Drain the radiator as well as the block. There is a drain plug for coolant directly on the block, on the passenger side above the front axle.

Attachment 34734

Only use BMW coolant. It's not a problem if there are "few drops" of the old stuff in there; as long as it's not a considerable amount you're fine.
    Be sure to mix the BMW coolant 50/50 with distilled water as it's not pre-mixed.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I'm not familiar with BOM coolant, but pulling the lower radiator hose with get most coolant out. You could reattach the hose, add distilled water or coolant flush (Liqui Moly makes some), run it awhile & drain it again as per instructions. BMW, M-B, the proper Zerex (G05 or G48) or Rowe coolant is fine. Green Prestone won't cause any problems mixed as DexCool would.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Yes you can drain from the bottom of the radiator (the blue plastic screw), but this will not get the old stuff out of the block. You can actually release the bolt on the bottom of the block to get the old stuff from the block as well. Not sure how to describe its location, but you have to get under the block obviously. I found it pretty easily doing a quick search.
    I would do a full on flush if I were you. It's annoying and tedious, but easy, and worth getting out all the incorrect coolant and any sediment that has built up. Buy a few gallon jugs of distilled or deionized water and run it through the engine a few times until the liquid you are draining out is relatively clear. Then put in the new blue stuff.
    I have also read that you shouldn't mix different spec coolants. I would say try to get as much of it out as you can, but keep in mind you will never get 100% of it out, since there will always be a percentage left over in the block, no matter how many flushes you do.
    I just did a flush on our VW. It has no petcock, so you actually have to actually undo the radiator hoses. PITA
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 647 of 823 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast