Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 650 of 823 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660700750 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Any ideas on why I may be experiencing a concerning squeak coming from the trunk/rear end of my car when going over larger bumps and potholes? It's been too cold in the Chicago area for me to actually jack up the rear and investigate, hoping for nicer weather this weekend.
    I know it's probably something to do with the suspension, but I can't help shake the constant thoughts of it being a subframe issue.
    My suspension also tends to squeak going over bumps, it’s not too loud considering I don’t have any sound deadening in the back. Hopefully that’s normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Where does everyone leave their phones in their cars? I don’t like leaving mine in the cup holder because that’s where cups go, and the spot inside in the armrest that’s meant for it is too small for any phone newer than an iPhone 5. I’ve been putting it in the compartment in the back of the rest but it’s fallen out into the back seat numerous times. I have the wire routed under my shift knob right now and I’m going to route it to somewhere usable once I get a new phone so I’m trying to decide where to create a dock for it.

I still don't have a great place to put my phone either. I usually throw it in the cupholder for easy access as I tend to be pretty textually active at stop lights, but it flops around and annoys the hell out of me.

I stuck these on either side of the center console in my last car and they were perfect for holding phones secure and within reach. I've been meaning to try them on the e46 console for....3 years now?

https://ebay.us/5BUYtn

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Aux is so 2005.
    Bluetooth! Wireless FTW!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Says the man with no headphone jack on his phone...

I hate that they got rid of it on the Pixels the year after mocking Apple for removing it from the iPhones. Bluetooth is still trash sound quality compared to an aux.

My suspension also tends to squeak going over bumps, it’s not too loud considering I don’t have any sound deadening in the back. Hopefully that’s normal.

Alright well that's good to hear, I tend to overanalyze every new noise that comes out of my ZHP, but then with my truck I just turn up the radio

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza
    Says the man with no headphone jack on his phone...
    Yeah, and? I haven't used a 3.5mm audio jack in years.

It bugs me that Google went this route too, because despite never using it, I'd like to have the option. Words can't describe how much I hate Apple as a company for setting the trends everyone else blindly follows. You can thank them for flagship phones that cost a grand now, when the reality is that it costs them no more than $400 to make a phone.

Bluetooth is still trash sound quality compared to an aux.
    In a car, there is no discernible difference. Unless it's a Rolls Royce with unmatched sound deadening, it will sound exactly the same between aux and Bluetooth.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Any ideas on why I may be experiencing a concerning squeak coming from the trunk/rear end of my car when going over larger bumps and potholes? It's been too cold in the Chicago area for me to actually jack up the rear and investigate, hoping for nicer weather this weekend.
    I know it's probably something to do with the suspension, but I can't help shake the constant thoughts of it being a subframe issue.
    Not in the zhp, but a previous card i had (Saturn Sky) would sound like an old mattress when going over bumps while driving in the winter, then as soon as it warmed up (the weather, not the car) it went away. Had it checked out and was told it was the sway bar bushings, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Yeah, and? I haven't used a 3.5mm audio jack in years.

It bugs me that Google went this route too, because despite never using it, I'd like to have the option. Words can't describe how much I hate Apple as a company for setting the trends everyone else blindly follows. You can thank them for flagship phones that cost a grand now, when the reality is that it costs them no more than $400 to make a phone.

In a car, there is no discernible difference. Unless it's a Rolls Royce with unmatched sound deadening, it will sound exactly the same between aux and Bluetooth.
    That’s definitely not the case, even in a car you can easily tell the diff between old style Bluetooth and a hardwire. Even on a 2017 accord I used to drive the difference was very noticeable. Even on my eonon Bluetooth vs Spotify directly from the head unit is much lower quality.

Who's plasti- dipped their interior, which material did you use? Most of what ive seen is the regular name brand plastidip while others are saying SEM is better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Who's plasti- dipped their interior, which material did you use? Most of what ive seen is the regular name brand plastidip while others are saying SEM is better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I did my center console and tray with Plastidip and am pretty happy with the results. The back portion with the ashtray peeled real quick though because my daughter likes to kick her feet around indiscriminately. Otherwise, everything holding together very nicely. I'll have to wait til the summer to see how it does in the heat.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

SEM Color Coat is a more permanent solution - can't be peeled off like Plasti-dip.
    https://www.semproducts.com/product/...aerosols/15013
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

With the battery nearing 10 years old it's time for a new one this spring. Is that something you just call AAA over and get you a new one, or a specific brand is better?

Page 650 of 823 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660700750 ... LastLast