Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 666 of 823 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676716766 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    I miss the 50skid videos, he just disappeared

When I did rotors and pads on mine, I found them no different than most of the cars on the planet! Hopefully a no surprises job for you
    Thanks!

Yup, his DIY videos are probably the best ones for our cars because he doesn’t have any fancy tools so we can relate to how he goes about doing things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I would just use a big c-clamp if you have one. That's what I do. In fact, even before pulling off the caliper, a big screwdriver leveraged between the surface of the old pad (on the piston side of the rotor) and the rotor can usually easily push the piston all the way in. Makes the caliper easier to remove afterwards too
    Pete

So when I've been starting my car recently I've noticed it kinda jumps when starting, as if all the fuel in the engine goes off at once instead of smoothly. No problems running or idling. Only thing is I recently had a system too lean code pop up, but I'm pretty sure thats b/c I didn't tighten the air box properly. Tightened the screw, cleared the code and it hasn't been back since.

TL;DR: is it normal for our cars to have rough starts?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I was going to rent the brake caliper tool from auto zone. Anything else I might need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just use a large c-clamp. I would leave the pad that is attached the to piston on so that you could use it as a contact point for the c-clamp to push the piston back. Other than that, maybe just use some liquid wrench on the hex bolt that holds the rotor. You could buy some extras of that if you end up stripping them somehow.

I know most people take the guide pins off then take the caliper off, then the bracket. But I just take the entire thing with the bracket off in one go. it's a tiny bit more finicky to put the pad back on, but it still saves me a ton of the time not having to deal with aligning the pins back later. Although if you're only doing pads, then don't take the bracket off lol

Does anyone have a list of the options that can be programmed to our cars and the LCMs? Triple blink, brake force, etc
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the options that can be programmed to our cars and the LCMs? Triple blink, brake force, etc
    This is my list:

Daytime Running Lights US GED_FL_ALS LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Daytime Running Lights US Brightness DRL_DIMMUNG LSZ wert_01 / wert_02 / wert_03 / wert_04
    Daytime Running Lights ECE TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE LSZ aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    Dimmed front corner lights as DRL DRL_BLK_VORN_GEDIMMT LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Low beams as DRL DAUERFAHRLICHT_US LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Bi-Xenon lights for flash-to-pass LH_MIT_BIX LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Lights switch off on driver's door opening (LCM 4.7 only) SL_AUS_BEI_FA_TUER_AUF LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Rear daytime running lights (LCM 4.0+) FL_DRL_MIT_RL LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Front corner lights SIDEMARKER_US LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Fog lights on with high beams (fog lights and high beams not on together) FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Halogen high beams on with Xenon high beams PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON LSZ wert_01 / (wert_02)
    Hazard Light Behavior: BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK LSZ wert_01 / (wert_02) / wert_03 / wert_04
    One-touch blink turn signals (LCM 4.0+) CYCL_TI_BLK LSZ (einmal) / zweimal / dreimal / viermal / funfmal / sechsmal / siebenmal
    Cold testing of high beam bulbs (inside bowls) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_FL LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Warm testing of high beam bulbs (inside bowls) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_FL LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Cold testing of front turn signal bulbs KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Warm testing of front turn signal bulbs WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Cold testing of rear turn signal bulbs KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Warm testing of rear turn signal bulbs WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Cold testing of rear parking lights (left) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_LI LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Warm testing of rear parking light (left) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_LI LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Cold testing of rear parking light (right) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_RE LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Warm testing of rear parking light (right) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_RE LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Cold testing of brake lights KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BL LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Warm testing of brake lights WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BL_MI LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Brake lights replace burned turn signal BL_ERSETZT_DEFEKT_BLK LSZ aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    Brake force display (Stage 2 + 3) See E46 BFD tab LSZ
    Enable rear foglight (rear trunk parking light as rear fog) PWM_WERT2_ALS_SL_AUSGANG LSZ (wert_01) / wert_02
    Rear left trunk parking light as fog STANDLICHT_ALS_NSL_LINKS LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Rear right trunk parking light as fog STANDLICHT_ALS_NSL_RECHTS LSZ (nicht_aktiv) / aktiv
    Home Lights - Low beams HEIMLEUCHTEN_AL LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Home Lights - Brake lights HEIMLEUCHTEN_BL LSZ (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    Home Lights - fog lights (front) HEIMLEUCHTEN_NSW LSZ aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)

BFD settings:

Function Description String Options (Default)
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE2 (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE2 aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    BFD Stage 2 activation using ABS BFD_ABS_STUFE2 (aktiv) / nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE3 aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE3 aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor BFD_ABS_STUFE3 aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 as well BLST1_BLST3 aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    To enable extra brake light on hard stops and blinking lights on ABS stops with additional lights, change the following settings:
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE2 aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE2 aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using ABS BFD_ABS_STUFE2 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE3 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE3 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor BFD_ABS_STUFE3 aktiv
    Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 as well BLST1_BLST3 aktiv
    To enable flashing brake lights on hard stops and onward, change the following settings:
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE2 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE2 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using ABS BFD_ABS_STUFE2 aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE3 aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE3 aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor BFD_ABS_STUFE3 aktiv
    Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 as well BLST1_BLST3 aktiv
    Stock settings - extra brake lights on hard stops and forward
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE2 aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE2 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 2 activation using ABS BFD_ABS_STUFE2 aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?) BFD_SW1_STUFE3 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?) BFD_SW2_STUFE3 nicht_aktiv
    BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor BFD_ABS_STUFE3 nicht_aktiv
    Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 as well BLST1_BLST3 nicht_aktiv
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thank you much
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

What do you all think about Corvette fitment, 17 in front and 18 in back, on the ZHP? No reason for this question...No reason at all...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    What do you all think about Corvette fitment, 17 in front and 18 in back, on the ZHP? No reason for this question...No reason at all...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I think one of the things that makes the E46 so aesthetically pleasing is the balance in the design. That would be thrown way off with different size wheels front & rear. Really only works on hot wheels cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I think one of the things that makes the E46 so aesthetically pleasing is the balance in the design. That would be thrown way off with different size wheels front & rear. Really only works on hot wheels cars.
    I ran 245/40-17 fronts and 245/45-17 at the rears for a while.

The rake it creates looked pretty cool to me. It was on stock suspension. All wheels were the same size, though.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 666 of 823 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676716766 ... LastLast