Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 676 of 823 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676677678686726776 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    No idea. Dealer oil changes are expensive, do you have a local indy who can do it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Actually they're pretty cheap, great value. I have several dealers in my area that will do an oil change for $59-69.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Actually they're pretty cheap, great value. I have several dealers in my area that will do an oil change for $59-69.
    Yeah I can second that, I think the one here takes like 100 which is much less than what indys do. Just be careful, they take a loss on the oil change so they're strongly motivated to upsell any other problems you might have.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Yeah from what I remember my dealer charges around $65, missed the appointment anyway because work went long so guess we'll see next week.
    But the past couple days the floor has been dry even with it raining one of the days so hopefully one of the techs will have an insight

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Yeah I can second that, I think the one here takes like 100 which is much less than what indys do. Just be careful, they take a loss on the oil change so they're strongly motivated to upsell any other problems you might have.

You think $100 is a good price? That sounds expensive to me.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    You think $100 is a good price? That sounds expensive to me.

Alright so that comment made me go digging.

So the filter is like 12 bucks on our car, and oil is 7 quarts at something like 7 or 8 bucks a quart for something like 0w-40. That should be like 60ish bucks, which looks like about right since the FCP euro liqui-moly kit is 58, Mobil might be a little cheaper actually. 40 in labor isn't unreasonable for about a half hour, esp when the stealer charges 300/h for labor normally.

Come to find out my mechanic charged me 12 bucks a quart for 5w-40 motul. Parts ended up being 90 bucks, and another 90 for labor. Granted he did a general inspection but it was stupid shit, only useful thing was checking battery voltage.

This is the same guy that charged me 1k to do the OPG but jesus. The stealer is looking like the affordable option. Another reason for me not to go back.

Next time I'm going to just do the oil change at my work w/ some 0w-40 m1 and a mann filter. It'll still be around 100 bit at least I can go in there and get a good look underneath to see if there's still an oil leak.

Don't forget that the $58 oil change kit from FCP includes a filter, so you won't have to buy any of those parts again including the oil. Just return the oil stuff and you effectively paid nothing for your oil changes after the initial purchase, not counting shipping of course. After that all you'll have to pay him is labor.

$40 for labor to change oil I guess isn't too crazy, but it is on the higher end of what I've seen (my guy does it for $20 if I supply oil/filter). $12/quart for oil? That's GAS STATION pricing, which is the extreme high end.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I just have been doing my own for so long I don't know where the prices are... they just sound high. I know it's not a LOT more than DIY when you do the math if you get a good deal, but it certainly isn't cheap.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Has anyone used a Schwaben oil extractor or something along those lines to change their oil from the dipstick?

How well does it work?

From what I've been hearing people have concerns about not getting some of the residue from the bottom, but have never tried it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Has anyone used a Schwaben oil extractor or something along those lines to change their oil from the dipstick?

How well does it work?

From what I've been hearing people have concerns about not getting some of the residue from the bottom, but have never tried it themselves.

You're right about the people that have those concerns being the ones that have never used an extractor. I have one and it works great. No need to get under the car or even pull it in the garage. You want to change the oil while it's hot and thin, so you don't have to wait on the car to cool down either. Just drive home, pop the hood, shove it down the dipstick tube, pump a couple times to build the vacuum, then start changing the filter. By the time you're halfway through changing the filter, you'll hear the extractor sucking air - she's done! Add new oil and call it a day.

I can't find it anymore, but I got a manual 7.5L version (didn't even want the pneumatic option). Simple and just big enough for an e46 oil change. I love it.

Remind me, how does one empty the extractor? Is there an option to push it back out the tube? That would make refilling the oil containers with oil oil for return to FCP so much easier...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 676 of 823 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676677678686726776 ... LastLast