Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 690 of 823 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Anybody know if Power folding M3 mirror motors are interchangeable between the M5 & sedan?

Want to do the power fold mod on my sedan mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @nextelbuddy knows the answer I believe
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Does anybody know the wiring diagram for the power rear sunshade to the button panel?

From what I understand it should be plug and play as long as I have the proper center console button switch, but do I have to tap into the fuse box at all? Or do I just run the white+yellow wire from the sunshade to the button panel & insert the two wires into the proper pinouts behind the switch panel wiring loom?

A little bit of a wiring noob but I’m going to retrofit this & PDC (Maybe) lol

You just run both wires to the 2 pin s in the switch panel. There are diy posts for this on e46fanatics. #search

It's just a positive and negative wire..the switch panel just changed the polarity and handles all the power and fuseable link portion. That's what makes that switch panel expensive it has extra capacitors to handle the load and amperage from the sunshade motor.

Doesn't matter which wire goes where.. the only difference it makes is when the switch center logs errors for the sunshade. If you get the polarity reversed then it means at worse the switch panel will think it's up when it's down and vice versa but only for error logging when it jams.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    @nextelbuddy knows the answer I believe
    M3 and m5 share same power fold motor and foot. Non m folding motors are the same except for the mounting foot and the bottom cap that the food attached too so they are not the same because of that small difference and no one sells the power fold motor bottom cap separately for M mirror motors. You can only find the non M caps in the repair kits on eBay and Amazon..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Are you talking about the connectors themselves? If so, then yeah you can buy the connectors and some wiring to replace them from BMW. It'll requiring you to solder/crimp the connections though. You can also just buy an aftermarket 9006 connector as well if you wanted to.
    Oh right on, thanks so much!

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Does the E85/E83 diff bolt into our ZHPs? Looking for a 3.64 diff for a good (read: cheap) price. I found an auto ZHP diff for $250 but I know I can do better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    You just run both wires to the 2 pin s in the switch panel. There are diy posts for this on e46fanatics. #search

It's just a positive and negative wire..the switch panel just changed the polarity and handles all the power and fuseable link portion. That's what makes that switch panel expensive it has extra capacitors to handle the load and amperage from the sunshade motor.

Doesn't matter which wire goes where.. the only difference it makes is when the switch center logs errors for the sunshade. If you get the polarity reversed then it means at worse the switch panel will think it's up when it's down and vice versa but only for error logging when it jams.

M3 and m5 share same power fold motor and foot. Non m folding motors are the same except for the mounting foot and the bottom cap that the food attached too so they are not the same because of that small difference and no one sells the power fold motor bottom cap separately for M mirror motors. You can only find the non M caps in the repair kits on eBay and Amazon..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much shawn! A lot of valuable information here lol & I did try looking on Bimmerforums/E46F, all the photos are dead linked now the info is there but pics always help.

Just ordered the button panel for really cheap from TMS for the sunshade.

So I’m better off using M3/m5 mirrors since it’s plug and play no? That’s one mod that I really wanna do lol love the way it looks with the M3 mirrors over non-m sedan folding mirrors.

I am looking for advice and members opinion on interior. I have a dilemma and not sure, if I should swap interior on my touring.
    My current set up is following: black leather with front M3 seats that are heated and have lumbar.
    Swap: peanut butter (or whatever it is properly called) interior with front sports seats that are heating and have lumbar.
    I do not like boring black leather. But having M3 front seats is great. The trade-off for me will be more interesting interior color, I know it is not M3 cinnamon, and regular sport seats.
    Car color is Japan red.
    Please let me know which way would you go and why.
    Thanks in advance.

My vote goes for natural brown. I believe it's a good combo with red.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    I am looking for advice and members opinion on interior. I have a dilemma and not sure, if I should swap interior on my touring.
    My current set up is following: black leather with front M3 seats that are heated and have lumbar.
    Swap: peanut butter (or whatever it is properly called) interior with front sports seats that are heating and have lumbar.
    I do not like boring black leather. But having M3 front seats is great. The trade-off for me will be more interesting interior color, I know it is not M3 cinnamon, and regular sport seats.
    Car color is Japan red.
    Please let me know which way would you go and why.
    Thanks in advance.

You already know what I'm going to say. Both my cars have the same interior color, Natural Brown.
    Personally I feel M3 seats are nice, but I'd take an interesting color over the M3 seats. The stock sport seats are plenty comfortable and it's not like you drive the touring on the track (unless I'm mistaken), so you shouldn't need the minimal extra bolstering the M3 seats provide.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You already know what I'm going to say. Both my cars have the same interior color, Natural Brown.
    Personally I feel M3 seats are nice, but I'd take an interesting color over the M3 seats. The stock sport seats are plenty comfortable and it's not like you drive the touring on the track (unless I'm mistaken), so you shouldn't need the minimal extra bolstering the M3 seats provide.
    I would argue that the M3 seats' bolstering is heavily dependent on your body shape. That extra bolstering my M3 seats is fantastic (my side bolsters are adjustable too). I'm a fairly skinny guy, so whenever I happen to be in to my father's car with normal sport seats and do any sort of spirited driving, I slide around like nobody's business. I want a Natural Brown interior so badly, but I won't go back to standard sport seats.

Rus, my recommendation is dependent on the type of driving you do on average. If you don't hoon your car very often, then I'd say swap for Natural Brown. If you're like me, and are skinny and drive like a yobbo more often than not, I'd say keep the M3 seats despite the black color.

Y'all M3 bolster fanboys don't know grip like the rugged fabric on the Alcantara sport seats

And the awesome breathability

And the lack of surface temperature

And the holes worn slam through the bolster

Page 690 of 823 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast