Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 700 of 823 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750800 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 8230
    I just went out and looked at mine. It looks about in the same position as your picture, but my boot comes up higher - up over the flare in the shaft of the stick that you show exposed. I had to pull the boot down just to see the flare, and it popped right back up when I let go of it
    Pete

How uh...how often do you y'all change the cabin air filter? Mine's going on 4.5 years old, but only has ~30k miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Your car isn’t a white sedan is it? I’ve encountered the electrical tape shift knob once before...
    Nopers. I got the best and fastestest color, Imola

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I’d be hesitant to hit it with anything forceful. Can you feel it/hear it go into its guides, and it’s just not going down far enough?
    I tried a hand towel and mallet without too much force but it does not go down further. When i look inside the know it has that male track that looks like would fit the female on the shifter but does not appear to be fully aligned. When i watched a couple of videos of people changing their shifter, i notice the new ones slide down very easily, almost like they just drop in place, and then it's just a hard tap to secure it. When i tried putting mine on it's much tighter from the start, almost like the know is thinner than the shifter bar. Then when it does not go any further down, there is no wiggle left/right and feels pretty secure, but then there's that awful gap. I gave up and put the old know back in and sits in just fine without the gap, but did notice it does not have the male track in it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You know where to go if you want some help or a 2nd pair of eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    haha, for realz. This week stinks but i'll hit ya up next week

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    How uh...how often do you y'all change the cabin air filter? Mine's going on 4.5 years old, but only has ~30k miles on it.
    25k-30k I think is the recommended interval?

Interestingly when I replaced them in my old man’s E60, iDrive automatically reset the service alert for 60k. Definitely nowhere near that long in the E46.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Guess there’s still a gap with the old knob just not as pronounced

Name:  IMG_0824.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  51.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Every other oil change so 15k. Fcpeuro ftw

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    Guess there’s still a gap with the old knob just not as pronounced

Name:  IMG_0824.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  51.4 KB

Maybe the shift boot is just tired, especially if it’s original.

I can genuinely tell you a new shift boot is so pleasing to the eye, can’t imagine a new knob and boot together lol

If your against spending the money, double check with coby how much it is. Might be worth it to just hot glue it onto your current frame if yours is yellow/sun faded already.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Maybe the shift boot is just tired, especially if it’s original.

I can genuinely tell you a new shift boot is so pleasing to the eye, can’t imagine a new knob and boot together lol

If your against spending the money, double check with coby how much it is. Might be worth it to just hot glue it onto your current frame if yours is yellow/sun faded already.

Good call on the boot. Not sure if it's original but could very well be the reason for the gap. Might be worth getting a new boot to go with the knob. Quickly checked out coby and a leather boot (i think look nicer than alcantara) are $30 + (i assume) shipping, so pretty reasonable.

Page 700 of 823 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750800 ... LastLast