Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 732 of 823 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 8230
    Has anyone experienced the pump the clutch 20 times till it starts? I replaced the clutch start switch already but it didnt fix it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    Attachment 36594
    Attachment 36595

It's a bit difficult to see the oil level from this picture, but the entire rectangular block was wet. Car must not have been leve where it was parked because if you flipped over the stick, the rectangular block was only wet 1/3 of the way up on the other side.
    How’s your CCV? Might want to double check that system or tackle it in the future if you haven’t done so already, I had an intermittent light like that a few months back and it turned out to be a clogged CCV. After the cold months subsided I’ve recently taken it on a few long drives and it has some vacuum pressure again, but no where near as much as it should.

I’m doing an M56 valve cover instead personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bit difficult to see the oil level from this picture, but the entire rectangular block was wet. Car must not have been leve where it was parked because if you flipped over the stick, the rectangular block was only wet 1/3 of the way up on the other side.
    I’m thinking level sensor is failing. The sensor is in the back left part of the pan where the deepest collection area is (see pic), so unless you were parked on an extremely steep nose-down slope I can’t imagine it being steep enough to trigger the light.

Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

@NYRhockey

FYI the dipstick on these cars is an absolute sack of shit. I was getting the yellow oil light after shutdown with the dipstick looking fat & sassy like yours, so I'm like bruh that oil level sensor is going no doy.

Ordered a new one and went to replace it and only drained like 5qts from the pan

Stupid ass dipstick never even hinted at it being low

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Anyone know of or use a good company for CF work? I wanna have an 8pc interior trim for sedan and steering wheel trim done?
    Fibreworks Composites in Moorseville, NC. They make parts for Haas F1 and more. If you talk to Alex, tell him Jim refered you. He's a BMW enthusiast as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    @NYRhockey

FYI the dipstick on these cars is an absolute sack of shit. I was getting the yellow oil light after shutdown with the dipstick looking fat & sassy like yours, so I'm like bruh that oil level sensor is going no doy.

Ordered a new one and went to replace it and only drained like 5qts from the pan

Stupid ass dipstick never even hinted at it being low
    Is that common across our cars? I live by the dipstick especially since I don't have a baffle yet so I always overfill for Autocross but if I can't trust the dip stick then my entire life has been a lie.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dynamite View Post
    Has anyone experienced the pump the clutch 20 times till it starts? I replaced the clutch start switch already but it didnt fix it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had that similar issue over a year ago and it randomly went away.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Need ideas on what else could be wrong.

Naturally with all this shut down garbage the zhp sits a lot so i make an effort to drive it for about half hr every weekend, but when i come home and turn it off the oil light goes yellow and stays on for about 10 seconds.

- Checked the oil this Sunday and level seems fine
    - Oil change was done Sep 2019 at 62.8k miles, and it’s at 64.6k now. Oil level sender was changed at this visit as well
    - OPG was changed Oct 2018 at 57.7k miles
    - Engine bay looks clean with no signs of leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you added oil? You can easily over full by 1/2 qrt without issues. In fact, I overfill before every track day.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Is that common across our cars? I live by the dipstick especially since I don't have a baffle yet so I always overfill for Autocross but if I can't trust the dip stick then my entire life has been a lie.
    +1 to this. I probably check my oil every other, or every 3 weeks. Not sure how a dipstick can have inconsistent readings though

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Have you added oil? You can easily over full by 1/2 qrt without issues. In fact, I overfill before every track day.
    Yup, this is what I do with each autox I've been doing. Doesn't quite solve lifter tick, but I feel it definitely helps
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

The dipstick is pretty accurate. Remember BMW has specific instructions for checking your oil, per your owner's manual.
    The engine needs to be warmed up, the car on a perfectly level surface, and checked a few minutes after shutting the engine off.

You'll get a different reading when checking it cold versus engine warmed up a few minutes after shutting off.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 732 of 823 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782 ... LastLast