Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 742 of 823 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Is it worth getting the golden DISA? Mine committed seppuku today. I inspected it last year and it was in good shape (replaced by previous owner). I attempted to rebuild it anyway, but it turns out the rebuild kit doesn't fit on OEM. I could get a genuine one and rebuild it with the kit but at that point I might as well buy the golden one. Or would you guys say it's better to save the money and just get another OEM unit for the next 75k?
    IMHO the Gold DISA was worth it... you don't have to worry about it going bad.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Space saver rear tires: mine's original and my sister's new (to her) needs replacement as well. What replacement tire do you y'all have?
    Two years ago I paid for space saver tire at DT. I don't remember the brand, but they called me some days later and said tire was unavailable. I got a refund, but still want to get another one.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Is it worth getting the golden DISA? Mine committed seppuku today. I inspected it last year and it was in good shape (replaced by previous owner). I attempted to rebuild it anyway, but it turns out the rebuild kit doesn't fit on OEM. I could get a genuine one and rebuild it with the kit but at that point I might as well buy the golden one. Or would you guys say it's better to save the money and just get another OEM unit for the next 75k?
    Genuine one as in new? Could also find a used one online or at the junkyard and rebuild that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    8k/12k isn’t very much, is it? Isn’t that like 450/675 in lb/ft?
    Well it isn't on suspension with no sways. I was running 550/650 in lb/ft without sways no problem. But after I added sways, it was a lot harsher, at least for street use. It was great on the track though. I dropped down to 8k/10k swift (so like 450/560 in lb/ft) and it feels better. His Hotchkis sways are even beefier than the Turners I'm running, so not sure how he'd like it. But then again, my car is different so it's not like it translates over.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Mm. I have hotchkis for Non-M’s that aren’t installed on my stock suspension. I was really just hoping to know if it’s possible to run the Non-M hotchkis with “M3 suspension”. You think the spring rates provided by BC are too harsh or too soft? Maybe I’m better off getting custom Swift Springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well it's definitely possible. And honestly, I would go ahead and go for it. You will need a reference spring anyways to figure out if you want more or less spring rate. Heck, you might like what you got. Or you only just replace only front/rear. It's hard to pick a spring rate tbh without actually trying it. Like some people like like 700/800 rates for street use. Man, I can't do that shit lol

Space saver rear tires: mine's original and my sister's new (to her) needs replacement as well. What replacement tire do you y'all have?
    I’m not sure what spare tire replacements cost, and this might be more than you want to spend, but have you ever seen the Apex “blemished” price list? They sell cosmetically imperfect wheels for really cheap (I think I’ve seen some Arc-18s for well under $100). Pair that with a 17” tire and you can have a full size spare for $200.

If I did a lot of highway driving, or frequently had a kid with me, I’d definitely lean towards that option.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I’m not sure what spare tire replacements cost, and this might be more than you want to spend, but have you ever seen the Apex “blemished” price list? They sell cosmetically imperfect wheels for really cheap (I think I’ve seen some Arc-18s for well under $100). Pair that with a 17” tire and you can have a full size spare for $200.
    I remember it was around $125 for the donut tire. Only problem was DT said they don't carry that size.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Two years ago I paid for space saver tire at DT. I don't remember the brand, but they called me some days later and said tire was unavailable. I got a refund, but still want to get another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I remember it was around $125 for the donut tire. Only problem was DT said they don't carry that size.
    Good to know. There has to be a market for space saver-sized tires still.

Edit: For those wondering, the stock space-saver tire size is 125/80R17

If I did a lot of highway driving, or frequently had a kid with me, I’d definitely lean towards that option.
    Hah, of course APEX does factory "seconds." I'll have to look into it, thanks for the heads up! Side note: do 8.5" width wheels fit in our trunk? I recall some issue when people were trying to fit full size width rear wheels into their trunks.

Hah, of course APEX does factory "seconds." I'll have to look into it, thanks for the heads up! Side note: do 8.5" width wheels fit in our trunk? I recall some issue when people were trying to fit full size width rear wheels into their trunks.
    They used to post a spreadsheet of the current blemished inventory on the M3forum classifieds, but I haven’t tried go to that website since it went berserk a while back. Is it even still a website?

I can fit my 8.5” front with 225/40-18 in the trunk-well, but I don’t think I’ve tried with the 235/40. It rubs the plastic trim *just a touch* when you’re putting it in/taking it out, but it’s not bad at all.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

They used to post a spreadsheet of the current blemished inventory on the M3forum classifieds, but I haven’t tried go to that website since it went berserk a while back. Is it even still a website?
    The new forum is NAM3Forum
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Has anyone had a low-frequency resonance type sound from their brakes? I had my Hawk HPS pads worn down to ~30%, so swapped the fronts back to stock for a bit, but I've just re-installed the HPS this evening. Went for a quick drive, and the front brakes make what sounds like a low-frequency resonance when at very low speeds. At first I was concerned the calipers were sticking, but when I re-installed the guide pins, I made sure that the caliper could still slide on them when it was installed, and after the drive the front wheels near the hubs were ever so slightly warmer than the rear (so not scalding hot which is indicative of a sticking caliper).

I have a video here, the sound can be heard starting at 0:55 when I start off slowly from a standstill. The sound generally stops around ~10 km/h. Unfortunately audio quality is quite bad since my phone was on its mount, but you can still hear what I'm talking about

One possible cause I'm thinking of is the anti-squeal shim - it has come loose from the pad, and consistently falls off whenever the pads are uninstalled. I just pressed it back on and installed the pads with it. Given the caliper doesn't seem to be sticking, I may just give it some mileage (& more braking events) and see if it disappears. I have a ~1 hr drive each way to autox tomorrow
    Last edited by t.er; 07-25-2020 at 06:14 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 742 of 823 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792 ... LastLast