Page 789 of 789 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789
Results 7,881 to 7,889 of 7889

Thread: The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

  1. #7881
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_zhp View Post
    However, as I consider the impact to the ZHP in being parked for several months (need for fluid refresh come Spring, flat spots on tires, mice?? etc etc)...
    https://www.campingworld.com/tire-cr...-2-110707.html
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

  2. #7882
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    623
    BTW for anyone who remembers, the Bosch coil I ordered has completely failed 1 month after installing it. ZHPizza was right when he said "return that junk bro." Wise words indeed.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

  3. #7883
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    22841
    Posts
    9,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    BTW for anyone who remembers, the Bosch coil I ordered has completely failed 1 month after installing it. ZHPizza was right when he said "return that junk bro." Wise words indeed.
    Eldor coils is my suggestion

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

    His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

    Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

  4. #7884
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    623
    I did some research and the following brands make coils for our engines:

    Ridex, Stark, Hella, Era, Hitachi, Meat & Doria, Magneti Marelli, Beru, Bremi, Janmor, Bougicord, Abakus, Topran, Champion, Esen SKV, JP Group, Vemo, Facet, Mapco, Swag, NGK, Tesla, Triscan, EPS, Lizarte, Denckermann, Sidat, AIC, FAE, Profit, Metzger and of course Eldor.

    I dare say any of these will be better than the Bosch crap.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

  5. #7885
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Atlanta/Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    532
    Any idea on why my engine bay is so loud?

    As the attached video shows, loud raspiness on the right side around the secondary air pump and loud flow noises by the DISA valve. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/6174008b..._122016297.mp4

    2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

  6. #7886
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    623
    That actually sounds like my engine bay. I always thought that was normal.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

  7. #7887
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Atlanta/Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    That actually sounds like my engine bay. I always thought that was normal.
    Hmm I feel like it's definitely gotten much louder through the years but it could be just be our obsessive tendencies plus the growing mileage. I'm at about 164k ish

    2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

  8. #7888
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Hmm I feel like it's definitely gotten much louder through the years but it could be just be our obsessive tendencies plus the growing mileage. I'm at about 164k ish
    Mine is at 167k so I like to think it's normal lol.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

  9. #7889
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Any idea on why my engine bay is so loud?

    As the attached video shows, loud raspiness on the right side around the secondary air pump and loud flow noises by the DISA valve. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/6174008b..._122016297.mp4
    Somehow I can't see the video. But FWIW I have developed a high-frequency vibration from near the SAP. Turns out my manifold heat shields are super loose, you can wobble them easily by hand

    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


Page 789 of 789 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789

Similar Threads

  1. Random Picture Thread
    By tripod06 in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 1137
    Last Post: 04-24-2021, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •