Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 809 of 823 FirstFirst ... 309709759799807808809810811819 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Has anyone had clutch judder before having to replace it? Mine is original at ~226k miles, lately it's been juddering quite badly when engaging it from a stop and only when cold. After ~5-10 mins of driving, it disappears. I was thinking if somehow the RMS seeps overnight, but also with the car warm the oil is thinner and the leak would be worse.
    I’ve had clutch judder since I bought the car when it had 95k miles. I’m at 212k now and it’s worse than it was back then but has nothing to do with engine/Tran being cold or ambient temps. It’s pretty consistent.
    A friend of mine also bought a Zhp at the same time I did back then and his came with a new clutch and it was a night and day difference. No judder what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I get clutch shudder when it’s cold and my revs are low, but that’s because I’m SMF
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    wow, 226k on original clutch? maybe it's simply time for a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I’ve had clutch judder since I bought the car when it had 95k miles. I’m at 212k now and it’s worse than it was back then but has nothing to do with engine/Tran being cold or ambient temps. It’s pretty consistent.
    A friend of mine also bought a Zhp at the same time I did back then and his came with a new clutch and it was a night and day difference. No judder what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It still grabs super strong! I know BP made it to even higher mileage than that on the original one, so at least there's that data point. Until it starts having more severe symptoms, I'm gonna leave it *knock on wood*. Not sure whether I'll go Valeo SMF reading some of the stories here, but I for sure need a new DMF flywheel ($$$) if I do go the stock route

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I've had clutch judder since I got the car at 110k miles and I'm at 183k now. Clutch still works, but the judder only appeared if I engaged the clutch "wrong" to begin with from standstill, never while driving (hard to pinpoint what wrong is but too slow is probably the closest explanation). Sounds like it judders while you drive too?
    Mine is the opposite, engaging it at a "normal" speed makes it judder, but raising the revs a bit and engaging slower makes it better. It doesn't judder while driving, only starting in 1st from a standstill. Though I do have a small clunk if you shift poorly, which I suspect may be from the crappy ECS diff bushings that keep wanting to slip out of the subframe
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

It still grabs super strong! I know BP made it to even higher mileage than that on the original one, so at least there's that data point. Until it starts having more severe symptoms, I'm gonna leave it *knock on wood*. Not sure whether I'll go Valeo SMF reading some of the stories here, but I for sure need a new DMF flywheel ($$$) if I do go the stock route

Mine is the opposite, engaging it at a "normal" speed makes it judder, but raising the revs a bit and engaging slower makes it better. It doesn't judder while driving, only starting in 1st from a standstill. Though I do have a small clunk if you shift poorly, which I suspect may be from the crappy ECS diff bushings that keep wanting to slip out of the subframe
    Oh my god the ECS diff bushings are such shit, I'm so sorry you find yourself with them. I know I certainly was. I checked the torque on it a few times and when I finally removed it, the hole for the rear bolt was a long oval

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Oh my god the ECS diff bushings are such shit, I'm so sorry you find yourself with them. I know I certainly was. I checked the torque on it a few times and when I finally removed it, the hole for the rear bolt was a long oval
    Did you have other issues aside from that? The front ones kept slipping forward, pushing the bolt head onto the aluminum guard that goes around the tail end of the driveshaft - this resulted in what I attributed to be severe scraping, but really it was just the noise of the diff directly transmitted to the body. This was the solution:

First and last time I go with ECS-branded parts. I should've just pressed OE bushings in
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Did you have other issues aside from that? The front ones kept slipping forward, pushing the bolt head onto the aluminum guard that goes around the tail end of the driveshaft - this resulted in what I attributed to be severe scraping, but really it was just the noise of the diff directly transmitted to the body. This was the solution:

First and last time I go with ECS-branded parts. I should've just pressed OE bushings in
    It was my first and last time with ECS parts as well. I had that issue too, of it hitting the aluminum cross member. But I had a nasty clunk from off throttle to WOT. For me, it happened nearly immediately. I didn't think it was the bushings at first because "they were just replaced." It was incredibly annoying. I spent hours and diagnosing and tons of cash replacing things simply because I was running out of places to look. I even saw the bushing bolt rubbing against eh carrier, but it didn't make sense for my symptoms. I digress. I eventually told myself "regardless of what I know about the age of the differential bushings, I will go to AKG like the subframe." My issue was fixed immediately.

Of course, recently I have developed a new rear end clunk that's not the differential bushings, and I can't find this one either.

Oh OK sounds like your clutch is just in it's final 200k stretch of life, you might need to replace it in another decade or so.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Does Colorchip paint expire? I have some left that is probably 5+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    If it's a bit dry add some paint thinner, drop by drop as you shake it up.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    If it's a bit dry add some paint thinner, drop by drop as you shake it up until it's like you like it.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Anyone have a RTAB tool I can rent?

Page 809 of 823 FirstFirst ... 309709759799807808809810811819 ... LastLast