Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

ABS sensor info - I need some help

Long time lurker, first time poster. I currently have a turbo e36 M3 and I'm looking to get into a ZHP in the near future (most likely a 2004-2005 sedan).

I plan to turbo the ZHP as well and have a question about the stock ABS sesnors. I want to transfer my Racelogic Traction Control unit from the e36 to the e46, but the ABS sensors on the e46 are CAN-based and not compatible with the RLTC unit I have. I am interested in buying an electronic "conversion box" that can read the BMW signal and transfer it to something the RLTC can understand.

Does anyone have info about the signal the e46 sensors produce? I believe they output a digital square wave (not a traditional analog voltage) that is then read by the DSC. Here is some literature on the web that talks about DSC/wheel speed sensors: http://www.kneb.net/bmw/E46/04%20E46...%201-27-03.pdf

But I am not sure if this document covers the ABS system in the ZHP since it appears to be written in the 2001-2002 timeframe. Does anyone know if all 4 ABS sensors are 2-pin or 3-pin connections? I believe they are either the "active" or Magneto-Resistive(see page 18-19 in the .pdf), but I would love someone to verify that for me.
    Does the ZHP use the MK20 or MK60 DSC system?

Thank you for any help you can lend!

ZHP uses MK60. It uses the magento-resistive ones. If you want to check, you can see if has a blue plug on the abs sensors wire not the grey wire.

Fronts should be a 3-wire (extra ground point) and the Rear is a 2-wire.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    ZHP uses MK60. It uses the magento-resistive ones. If you want to check, you can see if has a blue plug on the abs sensors wire not the grey wire.

Fronts should be a 3-wire (extra ground point) and the Rear is a 2-wire.
    Excellent - thank you!

If you haven't done so, please feel free to introduce yourself and your car in our new members section. GL w/your future project.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thank you for the warm welcome John! I'll be sure to officially introduce myself (and my car) when I finally purchase a ZHP. But until that happens, I need to ask for some more help with the ABS sensors.

Does anyone have access to an oscilloscope and willing to probe a front and rear sensor and email me the screen shots? I want to verify the signal looks as expected before I commit to the 'conversion box'. I would be more than happy to compensate you for your time if you can provide me with this info. Thanks guys!