Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need your guys opinion on this retrofit offer.

PM I received a bit ago....

"Hey, so the price would be (ballpark):

Retrofit a set of Lexus RX330

Projectors: $170 with clear lenses
    Shrouds: $40
    Wiring harness: $20
    Labor: $200
    Total: $430

You can supply the bulbs and ballasts, unless you want me to buy them. In which case:

Philips 85122+ (OEM, 4300K) Bulbs: $95
    OR
    Morimoto 3five (aftermarket, comes in variety of colors: 3000K-6000K) Bulbs: $45

Matsushita Gen4 (OEM Nissan) Ballasts: $150
    OR
    Morimoto 3five (aftermarket) Ballasts: $110

Cheapest combo of bulbs and ballasts comes to an additional $155. Most expensive would be $245 additional. If you have these parts already, then you're more than welcome to use your existing parts.

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions. If you can find the parts for cheaper, let me know!"

All comments are welcome
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Mmmmm.......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Not ignoring you, brutha. Just don't know enough about the retrofits to know if it's worth it or not...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Do you have the ballast and bulbs alreay? I thinks its a decent deal but not sure on the RX330. If I remember correctly most people do a lens swap on them to get a sharper cutoff. I guess its all up to what you want out of the projectors.

If you end up having to buy bulbs I would go with the 85122 phillips bulbs. After a certain amount of hours the 85122+ loose a bit of lumens. I replaced the 85122 with the 85122+ and noticed they were a bit more "yellow".

Forgot to ask....the shourds, E46 ones correct? being $40 I can guess that they are replicas.

Have you heard of Customlightz.com? They are in Richmond and they do really nice clean work and have tons of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar06 View Post
    Forgot to ask....the shourds, E46 ones correct? being $40 I can guess that they are replicas.

Have you heard of Customlightz.com? They are in Richmond and they do really nice clean work and have tons of experience.
    Thanks for the ecommendation.

I had planned to use my bulbs and ballasts.

My only expectation is that I can see the road when it is dark out....ok? Please?

Well aren't we picky.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Thanks for the ecommendation.

I had planned to use my bulbs and ballasts.

My only expectation is that I can see the road when it is dark out....ok? Please?
    Your bulbs and ballasts will work just fine.
    The new projectors will give you amazing light output. Does your car suffer from the zkw bowls issue?

Yes it does my brother.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have done a couple retrofits with my last car. I did a TSX retro and I loved the output. RX330 will have killer output and width as well. I have a set of 85122+ bulbs literally lying around because my last retro was on my car that I wrecked anyways I don't know the amount of hours on them. I couldn't even ballpark but they were great to me. Didn't see any negative signs on them of losing life. I might be able to let them go for a low price just to help a new family member out!

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast