Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Turn Signal LEDs

has anyone used these or tried something like these?

http://www.khoalty.com/led-bulbs/115...turn-signal%29

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

yes, I have them. They are excellent.

Maybe you can explain the resistor hookup. Also....did it give you BOW?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I needed resistors because if you just change the bulbs, they give an error bulb-out warning on the dash and they flash rapidly. The resistor install is easy. You can pick up the resistor kit from khoalty or you can get the taps at your local hardware store.

I had to peel back the protective shielding on the turn signal wire and tap the + wire to one side of the resistor and the ground to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ....did it give you BOW?
    BOW...?

BOW = Bulb Out Warning....lol
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    BOW = Bulb Out Warning....lol
    lol wow duh. Before, yes there were BOW's. With resistors installed, no

Quote Originally Posted by 808ZHP View Post
    lol wow duh. Before, yes there were BOW's. With resistors installed, no
    Ok...lol....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

will i get a BOW installing an LED tag light?
    2004 Black Saphire Metallic 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by romanred62 View Post
    will i get a BOW installing an LED tag light?
    Yes...he said you need to install resistors.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I wish I had thought about this before placing my order. Anyone have a DIY solution instead of me having to buy a resistor through Khoa...? I would like to give him the business but shipping charges to the east coast would be more than the part itself.
    2004 Black Saphire Metallic 330i ZHP

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast