Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAV errors

NAV errors

I've been having issues with my nav system for awhile and I suppose I'm finally annoyed enough with it to see about a fix. The basic issue is that I keep getting read errors for the nav disc. Does anyone have a process for me to follow to diagnose this? I don't know if it's a problem with the disc, the optical drive, or the actual nav.

Lots of good info on xoutpost.com. You can def try swapping the disc, but usually that is the drive laser going out. You can buy just the laser and do some soldering to fix, or buy a new (or used drive). Charlie (cakm3) posted a good DIY on this (the original DIY is on e46f.c I think). Not as likely the NAV head unit but you never know.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Laser replacement is on my list.

Tried cleaning the laser and a different disc. No dice.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Jesus those units are expensive for no good reason.

I too am slowly falling victim to this issue. Only seems to act up on long drives, and, well, I don't do many of those...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    I too am slowly falling victim to this issue. Only seems to act up on long drives, and, well, I don't do many of those...
    Same here- only on long drives.

Wonder why that is?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Same here- only on long drives.

Wonder why that is?

I blame heat... Heat will always beat down a piece of equipment. I don't care what kind of equipment... Overheat it and eventually it'll fail.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    I blame heat... Heat will always beat down a piece of equipment. I don't care what kind of equipment... Overheat it and eventually it'll fail.
    Certainly makes sense.

I'm thinking this will make a nice spring project.

I wish there were a good, reliable, functional, plug and play aftermarket option.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I like to think of myself as an enterprising individual, but my German is weak, and I'm a little sketched out about buying parts off of a German website. Anyone feel like exploring this territory so I can meekly follow in their footsteps.

Because I'm lazy, and its cold out, does anyone know how many pins are in the cable\connection in the back of the drive? I'm trying to do some figuring on ways to make an IDE drive work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast